Best Beach?/Store closing time?

nitenurs2

I have searched and searched and haven't found an answer yet.

We are sailing on the Destiny, so will be in Aruba until 10:00 pm. I have arranged for a rental car until 6:00 pm.

We want to do some sightseeing, a little shopping (just some trinkets) and some beach time.

My questions are--what's the best order to do these in? I read somewhere that the stores close early, which makes me think I should do the shopping early??? Would you recommend shooping first, then sightseeing and leave the beach for last? Or is there a better order? Maybe sightseeing, then shopping, and beach last?

Next, which beach would you recommend? We are considering Baby, Eagle, or Palm. We just want some sun (me), shade (hubby), drinks, lounges and ocean. We don't need the water sports and can't really swim all that well, so no snorkeling. Just a nice quiet place to relax...the most I would do is grab a cheap float and use that in the water.

Thanks for your help.

I'm not too sure when the stores close, but I think I'd hit the beach first and then work back since the stores you'll want to visit are near the pier. I've been to Eagle Beach and loved it. We stayed at La Cabana and Eagle is right across the street. There are chairs, shade, sand, and water! You can rent floats there as well. There is a beach bar and there are restaurants right across the street. I'd take either the bus (cheap) or a taxi to get there. Then, when done, go back to town and do your shopping before getting on board.

Archived