Upgrade Algorithm

mawvkysc

So it looks like I did not win my bid. The pending charge on my CC must just be a preliminary hold before they decided who won. It’s so frustrating because I bid over minimum and there are still LOTS of cabins left in that category (Aurea Balcony) Who knows what kind of algorithm they use 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

No clue. Curious did you bid max or somewhere in between?

I bid just $15 over minimum. There were so many Aurea cabins left I didn’t bid high. We board the 17th and there are 42 Aurea balconies left. A number on a roll call I’m in got their bids accepted 2 days ago.  It seems like the Bella cruisers have gotten their assignments too.

34 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Did the hold drop off? Usually once you see it on your card you’ve won the upgrade. At least that’s how it’s been for us. 

It hasn’t dropped off yet. It’s been 2+ days. If I click on the link from my bid email it now says “upgrade unavailable “ Yet I still could bid on YC if I wanted too

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

I bid just $15 over minimum. There were so many Aurea cabins left I didn’t bid high. We board the 17th and there are 42 Aurea balconies left. A number on a roll call I’m in got their bids accepted 2 days ago.  It seems like the Bella cruisers have gotten their assignments too.

It hasn’t dropped off yet. It’s been 2+ days. If I click on the link from my bid email it now says “upgrade unavailable “ Yet I still could bid on YC if I wanted too

When you click on the bid notification email when you can modify does it say pending? Accepted or rejected?

I see you are on the Meraviglia, we are on the same sailing, lots of cabins I see open. 

If you have a pending charge that's a good sign, just not sure why you dont see a cabin change.   Did you try the app and the website?  Log out all the way and back in? 

Edited by skyking

1 minute ago, skyking said:

I see you are on the Meraviglia, we are on the same sailing, lots of cabins I see open. 

If you have a pending charge that's a good sign, just not sure why you dont see a cabin change.   Did you try the app and the website?  Log out all the way and back in? 

Yes I’ve tried it all. I’ve even cleared the cache too. It’s odd. At least I haven’t received an email saying my bid was not accepted. Last time on RCI I got the email saying no on the morning of the cruise though. 

1 minute ago, mawvkysc said:

Yes I’ve tried it all. I’ve even cleared the cache too. It’s odd. At least I haven’t received an email saying my bid was not accepted. Last time on RCI I got the email saying no on the morning of the cruise though. 

I think you should be good to go, I see lots of those cabins are still open. 

We had the same thing happen it took 4 days for the hold to drop. The upgrade company (RCCL uses them also) does not communicate well with MSC. Even they put a hold on the money and it took so long to drop we did not win the bid. 

16 hours ago, mmbcater said:

We had the same thing happen it took 4 days for the hold to drop. The upgrade company (RCCL uses them also) does not communicate well with MSC. Even they put a hold on the money and it took so long to drop we did not win the bid. 

Thanks for the input. I’m pretty sure this is the case with me as well. As of today there are still 30+ of the cabins I bid on available.  Seems a waste for them not to have accepted my bid. I’ll report back post cruise. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

The cruise is tomorrow and the pending charge on my CC finally dropped off .

Yeah sorry you didn't get it. We got 21 cabins in that Cat on our cruise and the new "black Friday sale" actually makes them a couple hundred more to buy upgrade outright. I would think with a brand new ship they would want to sail at full capacity but who knows what these cruise lines are 🤔

• 2 months later...
On 11/13/2022 at 2:29 PM, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Sigh. Where you bid. You should be able to open up and see what you bid and that should have a status on it not the page that shows what cat you ca bid on. Let me know if I keep my screen shots from a couple years ago.

Just FYI, on that page, there IS another status saying "UPGRADE UNAVAILABLE" in the spot that normally says "PENDING". mawvkysc wasn't making that part up.