Medallion Net when purchased onboard

mjlef

1 hour ago, mjlef said:

What are typical prices for one day of Medallion Net when purchased on board (not foe the whole cruise).

Mark

It costs $20 for a single day.  50% less if your Captain's Circle Member Level is Platinum or Elite.

This is double the normal best pricing for a full voyage, so if you think you need it for less than 50% of the days in the voyage, then you can be further ahead to purchase individual days.

2 hours ago, mjlef said:

What are typical prices for one day of Medallion Net when purchased on board (not foe the whole cruise).

Mark

Welcome to CruiseCritic Mark!

I see that @Steelers36 has given you the rates...I am NOT your definitive source for this, but I didn't think you could purchase just a single day(s).  I'm probably wrong.  I think I have heard of people buying after the first day for the rest of the sailing (prorated cost).

Is the wi-if in Plus (1 device) one at a time or one period?  I recall in the past it was one at a time so you just needed to log off. If it’s just one that’s a potential problem - can you upgrade it?  I see I can upgrade the whole package to premier but that’s not what I really want to do - just wi-fi. 

2 hours ago, OSU Buckeyes 1980 said:

Is the wi-if in Plus (1 device) one at a time or one period?  I recall in the past it was one at a time so you just needed to log off. If it’s just one that’s a potential problem - can you upgrade it?  I see I can upgrade the whole package to premier but that’s not what I really want to do - just wi-fi. 

one at a time...you can also upgrade to 4 devices in the app (extra device log-ins can be shared with anyone you wish to)

• Like 1

I got different answers when calling Princess and asking to twitter. This twitter response it probably the more accurate "Hi Mark, MedallionNet Wi-Fi is $19.99 for a single day for 1 device or $29.99 for a single day for 4 devices. If you are a Platinum or Elite Captain Circle member, you will receive 50% off the above prices."

• Like 1

Keep in mind that if you book under the "Princess Plus" fare that both people in the cabin get their own internet package...no need to log out and back on unless you in particular have more than one device that *you* want to use.  In that scenario, it might be best to upgrade to the 4 device package.

On board now and we have 7 days left in our transatlantic. We were tethering off of our European sim while in ports, but now at sea for the remainder I looked at buying the wifi. It gives me options of 1day at $20 (or $19.99 can’t remember), or “end of voyage” which works out to $15/day. And of course there is the plat disc off of that. Hth.

Edited by sunviking90

2 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

On board now and we have 7 days left in our transatlantic. We were tethering off of our European sim while in ports, but now at sea for the remainder I looked at buying the wifi. It gives me options of 1day at $20 (or $19.99 can’t remember), or “end of voyage” which works out to $15/day. And of course there is the plat disc off of that. Hth.

Correct.  The single day rate is $20 for 1 device.  The voyage rate on board is $15/day for 1 device.  $25/day for 4 devices.

I am trying to decide if there is any advantage to purchasing a 4 device Medallion Net plan in advance of our holiday cruise onboard the Island Princess. It does not seem that there is an advantage to pay in advance. Unlike shore excursions, I do not seem to be able to use my OBC to pay for this and would have to use a credit card.  I am an elite and still being offered the price of about $15/day 30 days in advance. Am I missing anything?  Thanks!

Edited by gridiron
clarification