Changing dining reservations

Boatharbour

If I want to change a dining reservation it seems the only way to do so is to cancel the existing booking and then make a new booking. 
This involves paying upfront, being told I’ll receive a refund ( still waiting 7 days later) and then making a second payment. Is this the only way to change a booking?

I’m using the app and clicked on Manage Reservation in the dining section thinking I could simply edit the date /time. The only option available was to cancel the reservation. The reservation was at the same restaurant by the way, just a different day. 

I’m probably missing something, but surely it shouldn’t be this convoluted to change a booking. 

9 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

If I want to change a dining reservation it seems the only way to do so is to cancel the existing booking and then make a new booking. 
This involves paying upfront, being told I’ll receive a refund ( still waiting 7 days later) and then making a second payment. Is this the only way to change a booking?

I’m using the app and clicked on Manage Reservation in the dining section thinking I could simply edit the date /time. The only option available was to cancel the reservation. The reservation was at the same restaurant by the way, just a different day. 

I’m probably missing something, but surely it shouldn’t be this convoluted to change a booking. 

Online that is the only way.  Try calling to see if can do that or do the chat online. 

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about the cancellation / rebooking process if it didn’t require full payment upfront and the delay with getting a refund. 

I would be happy with a credit that could be applied to another booking, but that wasn’t an option either.

Is there any reason why Celebrity manages bookings this way rather than having a simple self-service modify booking function?