"Kids" in their own cabin on Apex question

We are traveling with our two sons, 19-16yo, next month on Apex.  We just booked the cruise last week with 2 cabins, one for us, one for them.  We got our cruise confirmation on friday which had everything correct, us in one cabin, our kids in another.  We found this odd because we have always had a problem doing this in the past, even on NCL last year when our oldest was 18yo. we still had to jump through some hoops even though he was an adult. 

So i discovered today when checking in that they made my 19yo 29yo.  However, it let me correct it during the check in process so i guess we are in the clear??  Has anyone else had a similar situation and did you have any issues?  Im surprised we didnt have to do anything special for a cabin where both people are under 21 but like i said, i sailed right through the checkin process with no issues and everything looks correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting! 

We had booked a Celebrity cruise via a 3rd party in 2016. 1 balcony for us and 1 inside for our kids (13 & 16). Due to the sale price, we could not pick our own cabins and had to receive whatever was assigned. We traveled with another family who bought the same deal ( balcony + 1 inside), their kids were 18 & 19. 

On embarkation day, both sets of parents were assigned balcony cabins one deck below each other. Our friends' kids got an upgrade to an oceanview cabin. Our kids got an inside cabin diagonally across from our friends' kids. Both those cabins were 1 or 2 doors down from the stairs. My cabin was also 2 doors away from the stairs, one floor up. Celebrity was aware of the ages of the kids but said it was a full cruise and therefore could not arrange to move us.

DH and I were ready to split up and take one kid each in each cabin. Our kids considered the offer and requested to stay on their own, across from their friends. All 4 of them had a total blast with our family friends. The older kids watched out for ours. The girls enjoyed dressing up. My boy learned to do his hair fancy, emulating the older teen. All 4 always arrived on time at our specified dining time, nicely showered and smelling good. LOL! Turns out whenever we were not at excursion, all 4 spent time playing board games or watching Funniest Home Videos in the inside cabin of my kids. They said it was more cosy.

We did all our meals, shows, excursions together but the kids learned to watch out for each other as well. In the end, my kids were appreciative of being treated like young adults, as if we trusted them... and they rose to the occasion and enjoyed looking up schedules and independently choosing to get ready to be on time for everything (okay, I confess, I did call their cabins as back-up alarm clock person). 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, that makes sense why we were able to book them in a separate cabin given its next door to ours.  I think there is a connecting door between the cabins too.

Thanks

Edited by 20165