Encore Vibe Shade.

flarad

I’m sure this has been covered but I can’t get my search to work. So, we are considering Vibe passes on our upcoming Encore cruise but we like to hang in the shade and it doesn’t look like there is much available? Can someone who has used this area let me know if we can get out of the sun up there?

1 hour ago, flarad said:

I’m sure this has been covered but I can’t get my search to work. So, we are considering Vibe passes on our upcoming Encore cruise but we like to hang in the shade and it doesn’t look like there is much available? Can someone who has used this area let me know if we can get out of the sun up there?

We have not been in the Vibe on the Encore (yet...we sail her in January).  We have been in the Vibe on the Escape, Joy, and Epic (Posh Club).  But, as is the case with the Vibe on each of the ships, there are limited areas that will get shade and those areas are completely dependent upon the time of day, heading of the ship, etc.

If you are considering purchasing the Vibe pass, then you likely also see that they offer the few cabanas for "weekly rental" as well and those offer shade at an expense. 

They will setup umbrellas around the deck.  However, our experience has been that those are only reliable for port days.  Sea days are unpredictable.  Even on beautiful days at sea, the winds often require the staff to lower the shades for safety reasons. 

In general, the seats at bar are the best chance for shade and the seating areas next to the bar can be shaded, again depending on the time and position of ship.

• Like 1

Thank you. I have watched videos and that is honestly why I was concerned about shade. We've walked up to the Vibe on some ships and it just felt hot to us.  I'd love the Vibe experience, and don't mind paying, but the hot sun may make it something we decide not to do. Thank you for your comments.

On Encore now, with a Vibe pass.  Because Vibe on Encore spans the full width of the ship, there is always a decent amount of shade, somewhere.  Yesterday, a sea day, the area on the port side of the ship offered quite a bit of shade, room for maybe 30 or so loungers.  Problem is, the wind was so bad on that side that only a few people could sit there.  We ended up outside Vibe, down two flights of stairs (directly outside the door). We still went up to Vibe for the bathroom and once to hit the bar when local servers were missing in action.  Later in the afternoon, we ended up back in Vibe.  On the prior two days (Miami and GSC) we had no problem with shade or wind.

Shade is essential for us.  But we love the quiet and service and 'community' we get in the Vibe.  We've already agreed that despite needing to be outside of Vibe yesterday, we will definitely book it in the future.

Note also that Vibe is much bigger on Encore than the other Breakaway and Breakaway Plus ships.  So, depending on ships direction, the other Vibes may have less shade options.  That still won't deter us.

• Like 2

I've been on Breakaway and Getaway, they do tend to have these large rolling umbrellas and the staff in there are pretty much always ready to help make sure you have what you need. 

That said as someone above mentioned, sea days can be crazy. They won't be able to open umbrellas and sometimes have to take in all the seat pads. 

One time we were in there on a sea day and one of the large bed like loungers launched it's pad into the air and it was trying to fly up and over the wall. Helped the staff pull it down. It was nuts. 

Also if you like to drink the Vibe bar staff will make sure your cup pretty much doesn;t run empty. Next to the Haven I've found this to be the best service area you can be in. Certainly more affordable. 

We're going on Breakaway again next month and have Vibe booked. We're so tired of the same ports so are just planning on hanging in the Vibe most days, even in port. 

• Like 1