Looking for info on embarkation procedures at Port Canaveral for handicapped

btc1951

My husband and I are cruising on NCL Escape this Saturday. My husband uses a motorized wheelchair and we will be shuttled to the port via a GoPort shuttle bus from our Orlando hotel. We have an embarkation time of 12 noon and were wondering what the procedure is for handicapped passengers and family for embarkation. I have read of long lines waiting to check-in at the terminal. With my husband in a wheelchair, I will be juggling all our luggage to be checked in as well as our carry-ons, so I'm just trying to get a sense of the logistics of the day if anyone knows. 

Edited by btc1951

Not sure what NCL does, but at other terminals there's usually a handicap line through security.  Just let Go Port drop your luggage to the porters and wrestle with the carry-on.  As far as boarding the ship, most likely via a boarding group based on arrival or pre-check in.  But someone at the terminal will help and provide assistance.   Just go, have a great cruise and don't fret about getting on the ship.

No problem.  I was using a walker because I just had a knee replacement and we were waived to the front of the line by port personnel.  They opened the 'ropes' so I could just pass through and they took us right up to a separate line (with no people waiting) for the next available check in.  They got an elevator for us and we were on the ship within 15 minutes of arriving.  Couldn't have been happier.