How much to upgrade drink package?

san diego spartan

I'm lead to believe that we can upgrade our beverage package once we board (with recommendation to do so immediately before you order anything).  I got the Signature beverage package as part of the HIA promo.  If I want to upgrade to the Elite package - does anyone know what we will be charged per day?

thanks.

2 hours ago, san diego spartan said:

I got the Signature beverage package as part of the HIA promo.  If I want to upgrade to the Elite package - does anyone know what we will be charged per day?

I have read that it is $10+18% ($11.80) per person per day. All adults in a cabin must buy the same package. If you like nicer wines or top-end liquor, that is less than a drink a day...

This is more than the difference on line if you were buying in advance, because the SBP in the HIA is considered discounted.

Another factor is, some and possibly all ships are apparently using the "Have-It-All and More" policy of only paying the difference (+service) if you buy something over $11. There should be a placard stating this at the bar when you go to upgrade to Elite, or ask the bartender!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I have read that it is $10+18% ($11.80) per person per day. All adults in a cabin must buy the same package. If you like nicer wines or top-end liquor, that is less than a drink a day...

This is more than the difference on line if you were buying in advance, because the SBP in the HIA is considered discounted.

Another factor is, some and possibly all ships are apparently using the "Have-It-All and More" policy of only paying the difference (+service) if you buy something over $11. There should be a placard stating this at the bar when you go to upgrade to Elite, or ask the bartender!

Thanks for the info. We will be testing this out when we board the Koningsdam tomorrow! We got the HIA package but would definitely like some better wine options and some of the higher end liquor.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greysandy said:

Thanks for the info. We will be testing this out when we board the Koningsdam tomorrow! We got the HIA package but would definitely like some better wine options and some of the higher end liquor.

That was the price we were quoted last week on Rotterdam. Given the new policy on many ships (not sure if in Konigsdam yet, but is on Rotterdam and others) that you only pay the difference for drinks outside of the limit on the HIA / SBP packages, you might consider just sticking with the Signature and paying the difference. Like everything, there's an opportunity cost there, but if the question is merely access, that is now possible with the HIA /SBP packages.

• Thanks 1