First time in Alaska - Need help for excursions

pasc

We will cruise on Mercury may 26th. I am wondering which excursions we should do in Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway ?

We though Mendenhall Helicoptor in Juneau, WhitePass scenic Railway or car rental or Glacier Point with Wilderness safari, and no idea for Ketchikan.

Thank you for your help.

I would suggest a flight to Misty Fjords with Island Wings while in Ketchikan. Juneau is known for their helicoptor tours and whale watches, so you made a good choice there. (a helicoptor tour that includes dog sledding is also very popular) And I am told that the White Pass Railroad is a "must" while in Skagway, so you're looking good! :)

Ditto much of the above.

Last summer I did the Island Wings flight see of Misty Fjords.

In Juneau did both a helicopter landing and whale watch (Coastal & Capt. Larry - book them together and they coordinate transportation between them and save about an hour that way - just call the Orca office.)

Also did the White Passs RR in Skagway. All very good.

Next time I would do the float trip to the Eagle Preserve in Skagaway.

A tip I learned on these boards is not to get hung up on "Mendenhal" Glacier. I went to Herbert Glacier, right next to it, and did not miss anything. Mendenhall has name recognition, but I don't think it's superior in any other way. (But I invite other opinions on that.)

Archived