Recent Experiences with Camp Ocean on Magic?

Aoumd

Just booked a father-son cruise for next August on one of Carnival Magic's new sailings out of Norfolk (got a GREAT deal).  My son LOVED Camp Ocean on his first Carnival cruise in 2019 on Vista (he was in the age 2-5 Penguins group back then), and he's looking forward to going back to Camp Ocean as a Stingray (age 6-8) this time.

Does anyone have recent kids' program schedules or experiences to share from Camp Ocean on Magic?  I saw posts from March indicating that the Camp Ocean dinner in the buffet had not yet resumed, the sessions on Sea Days were shorter to allow for cleaning, and the late night program (after 10pm for a fee) had not yet resumed.  Is this still the case?

Many thanks for any info you can provide!

14 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I don't have any info for you, but anything can change between now and August. Not sure how helpful recent updates would actually be.

Hopefully, anything not running yet will be by then.

I agree there’s lots of time for change, but if things are back to where they were pre-2020 already, it’s a lot more likely to remain that way by next summer, versus the odds if something hasn’t come back yet.  Just curious where things stand now!

We were on Magic back in March of this year and at the time, it was only open for short stints of a couple hours at a time then closed for cleaning (or whatever), no Night Owls, and you had to make a reservation on Hub. However, in July we were on Liberty and everything was pretty much back to normal, Night Owls included, and no reservations. Still no dinner at Lido though. We’ll be on Mardi Gras next week and I’m hoping they’ve brought back the dinner. 

2 hours ago, bigcstyle4 said:

We were on Magic back in March of this year and at the time, it was only open for short stints of a couple hours at a time then closed for cleaning (or whatever), no Night Owls, and you had to make a reservation on Hub. However, in July we were on Liberty and everything was pretty much back to normal, Night Owls included, and no reservations. Still no dinner at Lido though. We’ll be on Mardi Gras next week and I’m hoping they’ve brought back the dinner. 

Thanks for the info!  Would be interested in hearing if anything has changed when you're on Mardi Gras regarding dinner!

I'm interested in this as well - though not specific to the Magic. Looking to take my daughter (will be 9 at the time) on the Sunshine over fall break next year. Only experience we have with the children's programs are when she was 3. But I think she is at the perfect age now to really enjoy the kid's programs and the cruise in general! She is very into video games (mostly Minecraft) at this point and also loves anything having to do with arts and crafts. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 12:36 AM, Aoumd said:

Thanks for the info!  Would be interested in hearing if anything has changed when you're on Mardi Gras regarding dinner!

I am happy to report that kid's dinner was back every night besides embarkation day 🙂 

You would drop the kids off/sign in directly at the Family Harbor Lounge for dinner, and they would take them to Camp Ocean after dinner. Assuming this is back on Magic I would guess it's back on Lido like before.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 1:37 PM, bigcstyle4 said:

I am happy to report that kid's dinner was back every night besides embarkation day 🙂 

You would drop the kids off/sign in directly at the Family Harbor Lounge for dinner, and they would take them to Camp Ocean after dinner. Assuming this is back on Magic I would guess it's back on Lido like before.

Glad to hear!  Thanks for checking back in!

On 11/17/2022 at 3:15 PM, Aoumd said:

Just booked a father-son cruise for next August on one of Carnival Magic's new sailings out of Norfolk (got a GREAT deal).  My son LOVED Camp Ocean on his first Carnival cruise in 2019 on Vista (he was in the age 2-5 Penguins group back then), and he's looking forward to going back to Camp Ocean as a Stingray (age 6-8) this time.

Does anyone have recent kids' program schedules or experiences to share from Camp Ocean on Magic?  I saw posts from March indicating that the Camp Ocean dinner in the buffet had not yet resumed, the sessions on Sea Days were shorter to allow for cleaning, and the late night program (after 10pm for a fee) had not yet resumed.  Is this still the case?

Many thanks for any info you can provide!

i just got off the magic on Oct 1 with both my kids (m and f) staff was great! One of my kids even got one of those notes from the staff for how much they enjoyed time with my kid in the camp. 

my only complaint with this camp is it is one of the most out of the way one’s possible it’s like on the top floor really far away! 

my son would have been in the same room as your kiddos age group and there was a lot of fun activities. I do find that post Covid camp ocean is closed a whole lot more than before. 

my son kind of lives on the game systems the entire time but they have times where they play games together. I think they had a magician one day and they had a lot of art and lots and lots of “open play” times. A couple of scavenger hunts,  this was just 

when I was looking on the Carnival HUB app.

late night programs for sure are back on my son begged to stay a couple nights past 10 PM… Just to play video games. LOL

We sailed Magic, Splendor, Radiance and Miracle this last year. I took my kids on five cruises total and I don’t recall seeing anything different on any of the boats so if you could just pick up any activity chart through camp ocean on any of the other boats this year, they’re not going to be any different from what I can recall. 

I did build a bear at sea with my kid this time as well though Camp Ocean  When went to Bermuda 2 months ago.

they also are bringing back the Dr. Seuss green eggs and ham breakfast. I’ll be on a cruise next week so I’m gonna see if they have it again. 

Edited by KyloRen