I shopped too

Well I bought a treat to myself. I shopped at the Cell phone Store, Bell Mobility. I wanted a Razer and I bought one and the blue tooth techy to go with it. Couldn't resist.

Well at least it was a gadget, hubby encouranged me to buy it, didn't have to encourage me twice either. I'm calling it a pick me up, no punn intended.

Oh well back to work on putting stuff away.

To everyone, don't have guilt and enjoy all your new purchases and wear/use in the best of health

WHAT COLOR?????????

A girlfriend of mine got a pink Razr for Valentine's. She customized it and put friends pictures on their own ringers too. So now when people she knows calls, their pic pops up. Very cool!

When her husband calls, not only does his photo pop up, but the "ring" is one of their kitties meowing (she recorded kitty begging for dinner).

Enjoy your new toy!

Jane

My treat to myself this weekend was even more fabric. I got some wonderfully tropical slightly obnixious fabric that will make a wonder cruising dress. I will try to post some pix of the fabric and or the dress when finished.

My treat to myself this weekend was even more fabric. I got some wonderfully tropical slightly obnixious fabric that will make a wonder cruising dress. I will try to post some pix of the fabric and or the dress when finished.

I splurged on fabric as well this weekend! Several different colors in some beautiful chinese silk brocade.

Making some evening purses...hate when I don't have one to match my outfit...and one for my sister so she'll quit wanting to borrow (steal) mine ;).

Patterns were on sale...bought one for a layered skirt that is draped down one side. Didn't find any fabric that I thought would go well. Maybe I'll have to go shopping next weekend too. Darn.

Please post a pic when you're done with your dress! I'd love to see it!

Well I bought a treat to myself. I shopped at the Cell phone Store, Bell Mobility. I wanted a Razer and I bought one and the blue tooth techy to go with it. Couldn't resist.

Well at least it was a gadget, hubby encouranged me to buy it, didn't have to encourage me twice either. I'm calling it a pick me up, no punn intended.

Oh well back to work on putting stuff away.

To everyone, don't have guilt and enjoy all your new purchases and wear/use in the best of health

I need a new phone. DH has been trying to get me to buy one of those. He'd have to program it for me. I haven't the patience LOL! DH's phone does the photo thing and the personalized ring tones. We always know who is calling without having to look. That is just so cool!

Enjoy!

~e

Congrats on the new phone, MrsMoose! Sounds like a winner! And Jane, I love the idea of the "kitty" ringtone! It would probably melt my heart every time it rang and I'd have to rush home to see our babies!!

mrsred, please tell me more about your purses! I've tried a couple of times to sew my own evening purses. I have one pattern that I've used at least three or four times, but it is a simple drawstring bag. Another pattern I used for a Vogue purse was a waste of my time and I ended up throwing it away without even finishing it. Way too difficult for my skills. I am willing to take on just about any dress pattern, but that purse was beyond me! I'd love to hear about/see what you're making!!

And I, too, shopped for fabric this weekend. A good quality satin was on sale at our local fabric store, so I had to buy it! I don't even have another cruise planned (yet!), but I knew I'd want it when I do and I can't resist a sale!

mrsred, please tell me more about your purses! I've tried a couple of times to sew my own evening purses. I have one pattern that I've used at least three or four times, but it is a simple drawstring bag. Another pattern I used for a Vogue purse was a waste of my time and I ended up throwing it away without even finishing it. Way too difficult for my skills. I am willing to take on just about any dress pattern, but that purse was beyond me! I'd love to hear about/see what you're making!!

And I, too, shopped for fabric this weekend. A good quality satin was on sale at our local fabric store, so I had to buy it! I don't even have another cruise planned (yet!), but I knew I'd want it when I do and I can't resist a sale!

I make two types: a simple draw string type with contrast lining and an envelope type. They are SO easy! I made the patterns myself because I couldn't find any that I liked. They take me about an hour a piece. I made one Friday for a business event on Saturday (I needed one to match my outfit LOL!)

Last Saturday DH and I went out with our best friends. She kept trying to sell my purse right off of my wrist! Everytime I got a compliment. It was too funny. Several girls at school want me to make one for them, and a boutique I frequent asked if I'd consider selling them in their store. If only I had more time. :)

I don't have any pics...and I'm on my way to the tire place (ANOTHER nail in my tire...gotta love road construction! LOL!)

If you'd like, I can try to write up the instructions some time and email them to you. Each takes about 1 yard of fabric (1/2 each if you want to do a contrast lining...but most of the brocade I get has a beautiful color on the reverse so that works), 1.5 yards of twisted cord, and a tassel. The envelope purse also takes a button and a thin dowel (the size of a straw) of some sort for support.

~e

mrsred, Thank you so much for the offer! My drawstring purse sounds much like the one you make (without the tassel), but I'd love to hear about the envelope style!! If you think it's best to email me instructions, I'll set up another email address that I can post here and close down after I get your email. I get way too much Spam already and if I post my email address for the whole world to see, it may only get worse.

Thanks again!!

Congrats hun on your new phone!

I have the black Razr and a bluetooth also! I totally love and wouldn't know what to do without it now. I can call and talk while doing dishes or while driving down the road!

I love it!

mrsred, Thank you so much for the offer! My drawstring purse sounds much like the one you make (without the tassel), but I'd love to hear about the envelope style!! If you think it's best to email me instructions, I'll set up another email address that I can post here and close down after I get your email. I get way too much Spam already and if I post my email address for the whole world to see, it may only get worse.

Thanks again!!

You can email me: esw@ESWgallery.com

I promise not to spam you or send you those evil *chain letter* emails that will curse you and your offspring for 6 generations if you don't forward them to 25 people within 10 seconds :)

~e

Thank you ladies, you too, enjoy your purchases and fabrics.

I got a greish colored one. I only had 2 choices, that or a pink one and I didn't want the pink. I wanted black but that is Rodgers and I am with Bell so had to take the greyish one.

I have not programmed it yet, no time, except for the blue tooth which I am already using.

Caviargal, I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the sound quality, as that was a concern of mine. I love the blue tooth because when I'm driving with my mom in the car she gets nervous if I am talking with it in my hand. I used it yesterday and it was fantastic. I love it (blue tooth).

I love the voice activiation, it is much better than the one I had on my Samsung, that one the voice activiation was crappy so much so that I never used it. This one seems to work great.

I can't say a phone is a phone, I've been through quite a few and not all are created equal as far as signal and clarity.

Thank you ladies, when I have some time I will get to the programming part although I won't put on pictures most probably as that is not my thing.

Hubby is now convincing me to get a PVR. He really thinks that is a good investment for me. I probably will as I am fed up with the tapes so I can see that in the very near future as soon as I make it to a store to buy one. I am starting to sound like a man with gadgets. In all fairness though I don't have an Ipod, mp3 or pa's. Hubby has 2 mp3 or Ipods or whatever they are called and a pa, but I love my filofaxes. I need the paper, those key pads are way to small for the pa's for me. I won't even send text message with cells as the keypads drive me nuts.

Archived