Jan 12, 2023 Nassau and Aquaventure

momsdumplin

My sons and I are going to be in Nassau on Jan 14th through Carnival. I would love to surprise them with a day at Aquaventure but when I go on the Atlantis website to purchase a day pass it's $250 per person!! A waterpark for $750 seems a bit much. I have booked a room at the Comfort Suites for $500+ which would save me some, but I'm seeing on some posts that I'd have to wait until 3pm (totally not worth it!). Any way to get it a little less? Any other ideas? 

I certainly understand your desire to splurge and treat your children, but I think the price is quite outrageous.  I have been to Atlantis twice while on cruises in Nassau, and I only stayed on the beach and toured their hotel and the DIG for a much, much lower price. I booked through the cruise line, which might be a tiny bit cheaper.

The Aquaventure is basically a waterpark, and although fun, there may be lines and crowds, and it is not that unique in the world. You also need to see what the weather forecast is--if you have a rainy day the visit may not be as thrilling.

If your sons have never been snorkeling, I highly recommend that activity in Nassau.  It is a great way to experience interacting with the ocean.  

If you have to have a pool and waterpark activities, I recommend you check out the website Resort for a Day.  I use them a lot when I cruise in the Caribbean.  You can book a hotel for an entire day with access to pools, beaches, and water activities. 

Have a great time!

• Like 1

Call CS, I believe the after 3 has to do with a peak travel time. We’ve done Atlantis twice, through a cruise excursion and CS. It’s a unique waterpark, our stops have always been full day so we got there around 9 am and had time to do most of it. The not so lazy River (I forget what it’s called) is pretty cool.

On 11/20/2022 at 9:53 AM, mjkacmom said:

Call CS, I believe the after 3 has to do with a peak travel time. We’ve done Atlantis twice, through a cruise excursion and CS. It’s a unique waterpark, our stops have always been full day so we got there around 9 am and had time to do most of it. The not so lazy River (I forget what it’s called) is pretty cool.

I agree to call CS.   I did just what you are planning to do a few years ago and got the passes on arrival in the morning, though the room (which we never used) was not yet available.   CS is well aware that people do this,  so it isn't like you need to be secretive about your plans.