Places on Prima to watch football before departure

cb2367

I'll be sailing on Prima this Saturday. After I check-in and get show reservations taken care of (and maybe after a quick lunch) I was wanting to go somewhere on Prima that would maybe have at least a couple of TVs to where one could be set on Fox and another one on whatever. I could bring my tablet and watch football on that in the lounge area, but the tablet is WiFi only and I'm sure the terminal WiFi won't extend to the ship. That would mean I would have to watch on my phone which isn't ideal, but I can do it.

Probably depends on what you mean by football. 🙂

Based on my experience on NCL, they will have the World Cup games on, but no College Football.  The only times I have seen College Football are the playoff games.

They will likely have the national NFL games on TVs somewhere on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday.

Where exactly on the Prima?  I do not know.

11 hours ago, cb2367 said:

I'll be sailing on Prima this Saturday. After I check-in and get show reservations taken care of (and maybe after a quick lunch) I was wanting to go somewhere on Prima that would maybe have at least a couple of TVs to where one could be set on Fox and another one on whatever. I could bring my tablet and watch football on that in the lounge area, but the tablet is WiFi only and I'm sure the terminal WiFi won't extend to the ship. That would mean I would have to watch on my phone which isn't ideal, but I can do it.

The Local and the pool deck are the only places with TVs. But, you are boarding an international cruise ship and not in the United States any longer. NCL does not carry FOX or any other US network stations. It carries an European sports station that features football (soccer). US football is carried by exception. 

image.png.24493713fb9fac1039d658b277c5478e.png

What's on TV (hope you're not a TV addict, you would go into withdrawals) 🙂 

001 Navigation Channel

002 Bridge Camera

003 Feel Free Channel

004 Port Information Channel

005 Activities Channel

007 Onboard Offerings / Advertising Channel

007 Shore Ex / Cruise Reward Channel

008 Shopping Channel

009 NCL Partners Advertising Channel

010 Safety Channel

011 Cruise Director Daily Show Channel / Replays of onboard game shows

012 BBC

013 MSNBC

014 CNBC

015 FOX News

016 Sport 24 (lots of football a.k.a. soccer)

017 Prime

018 Special Feed

019 Action Movies 

020 Drama Movies 

021 Comedy Movies 

022 Family Movies 

023 Favorite Shows 

Edited by BirdTravels

11 hours ago, cb2367 said:

I would add, if you are sailing this week, World Cup soccer is on the screens in the Local and Channel 19 in your stateroom.

This week

image.png.13066541e0772c37d8798b59fb4fba98.png

But they did show have Monday Night Football

image.png.699de076ca6b3a2db034f70b7d1736a7.png

Edited by BirdTravels

I was actually referring to college football. I thought that since Prima didn't depart until 4 that it would be possible to watch college football somewhere on board. Guess I'll be watching on my phone.

2 hours ago, cb2367 said:

I was actually referring to college football. I thought that since Prima didn't depart until 4 that it would be possible to watch college football somewhere on board. Guess I'll be watching on my phone.

No college football on the Prima during the September/October TA. But we did have NFL football on Sunday, Monday and Thursday on channel 18 all the way across the Atlantic. Some of the games didn't start until 2am but they were on in the Local and on the stateroom TV.

4 hours ago, cb2367 said:

Depending on your phone plan, you might be able to Hotspot your phone, connect your tablet, and watch that way.  Or, if your phone is a Samsung, you might be able to cast it to the Samsung tv in your room