Can I walk to the cruise terminal?

inar

It says it is 0.8 or 0.9 miles along Queensway Drive which goes under the "ramp" of Queens Way Bridge. Google implies that it is walkable, but AllCruiseHotels also mentions a free shuttle. If you walk, you will go right by the Queen Mary! Perhaps Google Earth will confirm walkability?

Yeah, you can walk it if you want...If you don't want to walk along the road with car traffic, there is a footpath along the waterfront behind the Maya Doubletree...and you can stick to the waterfront.  The Carnival Terminal is a giant white Geodesic Dome (originally built to house Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose airplane)...and you will see it in front of you for a good portion of this route.

google maps link to route

Of course, the shuttle works as well...and saves you the walk...

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, inar said:

I will be staying at the Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown. Can I walk to the Carnival cruise terminal? How far is it and is there a pathway where I won’t get run over?

Virtually everyplace in the United States is legally accessible on foot. The important question is whether or not it is convenient and pleasant, both in terms of distance and safety. That answer is yes, it can be both.

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

Yeah, you can walk it if you want ... If you don't want to walk along the road with car traffic, there is a footpath along the waterfront behind the Maya Doubletree ... and you can stick to the waterfront. * * * Of course, the shuttle works as well ... and saves you the walk ...

The City of Long Beach did a horrible job with the engineering of Queensway Drive. On one portion the sidewalk meanders away from the drive, and elsewhere a complete absence of sidewalk requiring pedestrians to walk in the roadway itself. The City should be shamed. The waterfront walkway would be the best route, in terms of safety, and you can see it clearly in Google Maps (satellite view). The waterfront walkway does not add appreciably to the overall distance, a bit under 1-1/2 miles . . . a flat and easy walk for most people. While there might be a shuttle service available, that, of course, would defeat the entire purpose of walking and enjoying a pleasant stroll.