New Zealand excursions + Sydney

watsonbeau

Anyone there now or who has been there - just wanting to get an idea of what Cunard offer as excursions in Auckland and Wellington?  Any particular recommendations would be useful. 

Also Sydney - we have overnight there so one full day before disembarking but was thinking of just doing our own thing - harbour and Opera house etc.

Thank you. 

In Auckland we did a tour of the city with a drop off across the harbor in Davenport.  We enjoyed it.  A lot of folks went to a sheep dog demonstration and really enjoyed that.

In Wellington we took a walking tour with walkwellington.org.nz.  The guide was a volunteer I think and we had him all to ourselves because no one else had signed up through their website.  We liked it a lot.  We met at the train station which is a short walk from the pier, that of course could be different now.

The first time we were in Sydney we did a private tour and that was great, I can't remember the company name now.  The next time we visited we took a ferry (on our own) to Watson Bay and then used a walking trail to get to Bondi Beach.  From Bondi we took the bus back to Circular Quay.  Only do this if you can do a long walk.  It was great.

The ferry and public transportation in Sydney is fabulous, you can get an Opal card that works on all modes of transport.

One thing I would recommend (if you haven't already) get a credit card that you can touch and go or learn to use Apple or Google Pay.  I won't go so far as saying they operate a cashless economy there but believe me, having the right card or knowing how to use the app will help a lot where ever you go.