Cruise Planner Refunds

Gigi1068

so I just tried calling customer service, 1pm EST.  I went through their labyrinth menu tree, finally got to "please hold for a representative" and 30 seconds later a message said "our offices are currently closed, please call back during normal business hours".  So 1pm EST on a Thursday is not normal business hours? 😠

EDIT:  I found my refund.  I finally got in touch with customer service.  The refund was issued to the credit card used to make the reservation, not the card I booked the excursion with.  Weird they would do it that way but at least I'm glad they processed the refund.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 10:01 AM, bluecruise456 said:

Is any one still waiting for refunds from 11/18 or 11/19?

Yes, I'm still waiting.  My TA had to call about my refund and said it would be 7-10 business days from the day she called which was Dec 20. So, with all the holidays I figure that means it might be sometime around when we sail in January....

On 12/27/2022 at 9:00 PM, crd27 said:

Yes, I'm still waiting.  My TA had to call about my refund and said it would be 7-10 business days from the day she called which was Dec 20. So, with all the holidays I figure that means it might be sometime around when we sail in January....

Whattdyaknow?  I did just received my credit card refund!  A relief to be sure.  I hope that everyone else will eventually receive theirs as well!  

Happy New Year!!

C

I made a purchase on black Friday using CC as well as onboard credit.  Will RCL reinstate my onboard credit if I cancel the order.  I fear I risk losing the onboard credit if I do cancel.  Would be interested to hear others experiences.  Thx.

8 minutes ago, J.K.P. said:

I made a purchase on black Friday using CC as well as onboard credit.  Will RCL reinstate my onboard credit if I cancel the order.  I fear I risk losing the onboard credit if I do cancel.  Would be interested to hear others experiences.  Thx.

Yes, they will reinstate the onboard credit almost immediately. I got mine back in a minute or so.

• Like 1

Still have over $900 refund pending from Black Friday repurchase. Just made my weekly follow up call….9 minutes - then disconnected. Had to call back. 45 minutes later,  heard the same story; ‘resolutions team confirmed it was approved and processed, expect to receive in 5-7 days’. 

On 1/4/2023 at 3:51 PM, nu_cruzer1 said:

Still waiting for remaining $630.  Was told that it was processed on Dec 29 and will take another 10 days.  However, the refund amount is short $45 and I will now need to track that down separately.  Ugh.

If you paid for someone in a linked booking,  they will only find it for ‘reprocessing’ if you tell them all of the booking numbers.

I can’t believe some are still waiting for refunds.

Sadly, I have a new issue.

I’m on a call with Royal now and I’m so frustrated!  I just added a room and called to change my room (same category) so we can have all 3 rooms together.  My new invoice is showing a balance due but I paid off my cruise.  My cruise planner still shows my cruise is paid in full, the representative says my cruise is paid in full.  A ticket has been placed to correct this.  I want to cry.

On 1/3/2023 at 10:26 PM, marymunro said:

Still have over $900 refund pending from Black Friday repurchase. Just made my weekly follow up call….9 minutes - then disconnected. Had to call back. 45 minutes later,  heard the same story; ‘resolutions team confirmed it was approved and processed, expect to receive in 5-7 days’. 

Happy to report I finally got my remaining credits.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 4:50 PM, Gigi1068 said:

I can’t believe some are still waiting for refunds.

Sadly, I have a new issue.

I’m on a call with Royal now and I’m so frustrated!  I just added a room and called to change my room (same category) so we can have all 3 rooms together.  My new invoice is showing a balance due but I paid off my cruise.  My cruise planner still shows my cruise is paid in full, the representative says my cruise is paid in full.  A ticket has been placed to correct this.  I want to cry.

This happened to me too for 2 reservations 🤦🏻‍♀️

I was told that it was a computer glitch and it shows that the cruises are paid in full so not to worry but of course I am worried!!

For those of you waiting for refunds, check for refunds on the card you used to pay for the CRUISE FARE. I was told that there are 2 accounts: cruise fare account and add-on account. What happened to me was that the refunds for the add-ons were refunded from the cruise fare account, so my invoices showed I had amounts owing for the cruise fare…. 

27 minutes ago, Dreamcruise27 said:

I was told that it was a computer glitch and it shows that the cruises are paid in full so not to worry but of course I am worried!!

For those of you waiting for refunds, check for refunds on the card you used to pay for the CRUISE FARE. I was told that there are 2 accounts: cruise fare account and add-on account. What happened to me was that the refunds for the add-ons were refunded from the cruise fare account, so my invoices showed I had amounts owing for the cruise fare…. 

I hate that this happened to you too, but I take comfort knowing that someone understands my situation.

Like you, I have 2 reservations (mine’s & my daughter’s) affected.  I’ve been told that the system is still playing catch up with all the refunds.  Naturally, I’m going to be concerned until this is fixed because the system will end up canceling our reservations based on what it thinks is a balance due.  The good thing is we have time to get this resolved as we don’t sail until August, so the “balance due” is May.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 11:07 AM, Dreamcruise27 said:

@Dreamcruise27has this been resolved for you?  My situation remains unresolved.  I’ve received emails from the executive office saying it’s been escalated for follow up with IT but it appears they don’t know how to fix it.  I’ve read other reports of reservations being canceled because of this error; the reservations were reinstated but the guests had to repurchase add-ons at the current price.

I would feel better if the “make a payment” button was grayed out, but it’s not.  I refuse to overpay $1,434 just to keep my cruise from being erroneously canceled 😡  At this point, I almost don’t want to go on the cruise, but I don’t want to disappoint my grandkids.  And if another person says “this is why you should use a TA”, I will scream; the best TA cannot fix Royal’s IT incompetence!

14 hours ago, Gigi1068 said:

@Dreamcruise27has this been resolved for you?  My situation remains unresolved.  I’ve received emails from the executive office saying it’s been escalated for follow up with IT but it appears they don’t know how to fix it.  I’ve read other reports of reservations being canceled because of this error; the reservations were reinstated but the guests had to repurchase add-ons at the current price.

I would feel better if the “make a payment” button was grayed out, but it’s not.  I refuse to overpay $1,434 just to keep my cruise from being erroneously canceled 😡  At this point, I almost don’t want to go on the cruise, but I don’t want to disappoint my grandkids.  And if another person says “this is why you should use a TA”, I will scream; the best TA cannot fix Royal’s IT incompetence!

On one reservation, yes, but on one, not yet 😡

it says no payments due on the main page where it lists all my sailings, but when I go in to the “make a payment” and insert my reservation number, it says amount owing…

We sail in March as b2b so I’m a bit nervous but I have invoices showing it was paid in full so just crossing my fingers it’ll get worked out…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreamcruise27 said:

On one reservation, yes, but on one, not yet 😡

it says no payments due on the main page where it lists all my sailings, but when I go in to the “make a payment” and insert my reservation number, it says amount owing…

We sail in March as b2b so I’m a bit nervous but I have invoices showing it was paid in full so just crossing my fingers it’ll get worked out…

Thanks for responding.  My screens conflict on both reservations, too.  I’m glad one has been resolved for you.  Considering you’re beyond final payment date (I assume) and haven’t received a cancellation notice, it sounds like things will work out okay.   

I will keep an eye on my reservations and hope for the best.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!