Havana Cabin Access to Havana Area upon 11 am embarkation

eltigre

We have a Havana balcony but I don't want to pay $129 for FTTF if I can access the Havana area when we arrive at 11AM. I don't mind sitting back there enjoying a Funship until the cabin is ready, however I don't want to shlep my stuff around the ship until 1:30 if I can't access the Havana area.  Anyone done these cabins recently and have info to share?  Thanks in advance...

We dropped off our carry on luggage at our Havana balcony on the Horizon in September.  I ignored the signs that rooms were not ready (and my husband) and found our cabin.  Our cabin was made, but the door was open.  We put in luggage and steward came by and introduced himself and said it was okay that our cabin was finished.  We went to lunch.  Havana bar was not manned at that time.  Time was about noon or so.

17 hours ago, eltigre said:

We have a Havana balcony but I don't want to pay $129 for FTTF if I can access the Havana area when we arrive at 11AM. I don't mind sitting back there enjoying a Funship until the cabin is ready, however I don't want to shlep my stuff around the ship until 1:30 if I can't access the Havana area.  Anyone done these cabins recently and have info to share?  Thanks in advance...

I’m always a self debarker but for embarkation I’ve started to just let them have my luggage. Take a small bag with stuff you can’t go without so you don’t  worry too much. 

8 hours ago, KyloRen said:

I’m always a self debarker but for embarkation I’ve started to just let them have my luggage. Take a small bag with stuff you can’t go without so you don’t  worry too much. 

Wish we could..go light, but with the age comes the necessities, you know RX's by the bottle full, insulin & needles & tester, breathing machines... oh the days of just a swim suit  🤣  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, georgiacat said:

We dropped off our carry on luggage at our Havana balcony on the Horizon in September.  I ignored the signs that rooms were not ready (and my husband) and found our cabin.  Our cabin was made, but the door was open.  We put in luggage and steward came by and introduced himself and said it was okay that our cabin was finished.  We went to lunch.  Havana bar was not manned at that time.  Time was about noon or so.

OH I know the "ignore the husband" I tried that once & I thought he was going to have a stroke!  So now it's a no go.  As long as we can get back to the Havana area I am OK with that. 

2 hours ago, eltigre said:

OH I know the "ignore the husband" I tried that once & I thought he was going to have a stroke!  So now it's a no go.  As long as we can get back to the Havana area I am OK with that. 

I will infer that you wish to wait in the Havana area until your cabin is ready about 130 instead of schlepping your luggage.  Yes, you can wait in the Havana area.  The bar may not be open, but you can certainly hang there until your cabin is ready.

It has been awhile since I cruised in the Havana area, but I do recall going there and having a Fun Ship and being the only one out there for about an hour.  I do not recall exactly what time it was, though.