Turtle Centre on our own?

PurpleShamrock317

Considering trying to visit the Turtle Centre via bus on our own on our cruise in a few weeks. Anyone done this recently? I’ve found a few threads on this going back several years but I’m hoping for some more recent feedback.

Like how long does it take to get there from the port by bus? Was it easy to get a bus back to port? Any other useful info or tips I haven’t thought of?

Thanks,

Heather

• 4 weeks later...

The buses are running and will go from George Town (where the port is) right to the Turtle Centre.  They run routinely on that route - all you do for the way back is watch for one - they honk their horn and you wave them down.  It's a very decent service and costs just a few dollars.  Not sure of the timing, but maybe half an hour?  It depends how often they need to stop, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On 1/8/2023 at 10:33 PM, hotmonia said:

Are there busses right outside the cruise terminal, or do we need to walk down by the library? Ty.

I checked the Centre's website and it says:

• Taxis are readily available at resorts, the cruise ship dock, and Owen Roberts International Airport.
  • Visitors may also opt to take the official public bus transportation system. The bus terminal is located adjacent to the Public Library on Edward St. in downtown George Town and serves as the dispatch point for buses to all districts.