Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

23 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Honestly, I don't even know... I'm hoping they don't look through my bag.

I believe you are allowed two bottles of liquor and up to 100 Cuban cigars.  Going back in time,  you couldn't bring back any Cuban cigars.  In fact on a cruise they would tell you if you buy them, you need to smoke them on the ship!

• Like 3

I'm back in my cabin now, and pretty much done for the night... The earplugs are about to go in, and I hope that I can get to sleep in a reasonable amount of time. Insomnia is one of those things that you just can't understand until you've experienced it. Even with all the different things I take to help me sleep, every night is a crap shoot. Once I do get there, I'm hoping to go on some kind of adventure that can only be projected inside my head. If I could ever figure out how to convert my dreams onto the movie screen, I would overtake all the greatest Hollywood film makers with the twisted tales that only I can see... 

Good night, and I just want to thank you all again for being here.........

• Like 35

1 minute ago, DeanDeeDee said:

I believe you are allowed two bottles of liquor and up to 100 Cuban cigars.  Going back in time,  you couldn't bring back any Cuban cigars.  In fact on a cruise they would tell you if you buy them, you need to smoke them on the ship!

I remember that!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Wow, I don't even know what to say... I wanted to put the pedal to the metal and try to give you all the best Live that I could muster, and know YOU have all BLOWN ME AWAY with your generosity and encouragement!... All those months during my cruise countdown I was telling myself "give them everything you've got, one last time"... I had planned carefully for several months, and then just threw all that out the window, mostly due to pure laziness on my part. The hand drawn maps that I never even bothered to make. The list of things I wanted to accomplish in each port. All the different bars on board the ship, and yet I only ever visited ONE... It was something that fell apart, yet it all came together in the end...

I am truly amazed by all of you who followed along on this epic journey, just to find out "what will happen next?"... It also had a lot to do with going "head to head" with Carnival cruise lines' biggest writer, Saint Greg... He puts out extremely detailed masterpieces, that take untold amounts of work. He had already given you all every single piece of information possible for anyone wanting to sail the Celebration. All I could do was to try and give you everything I could that he hadn't already covered. I'm not out here trying to build a reputable brand like he is, I'm just mostly blowing smoke, and having a good time trying to entertain you all. In that mission, we both succeeded this week. 

I've got another day on board here, and I'll try to give you all one more good run, but what you've all given me this past week has already made it all worth the time and effort I've given. Thanks to each and every one of you who helped make this a truly magnificent journey.........

Screenshot_20221209-194033.png

That's great and all, just please make sure to make my ticket from DCA, not IAD or BWI.  Grazie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, sciencegrrl said:

Where would you "hide" a whole box of cigars?😬

9 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

🤷🏼‍♀️ I mean I don’t know?? In dirty clothes? lol no clue!

I'm sure that the airport screeners have seen a million boxes of cigars in people's suitcases. 

• Like 2

When I first woke up this morning, I turned on the phone and it was 5:57, so I got right back into bed for another hour or so. I finally decided to just get up and try to make something of my very last day on board. When I got down to my "usual spot" where I drink my coffee in the morning, there was a guy there. Out of the hundred or so empty sweaty, MY SPOT... No problem, I probably need to be less of a creature of habit. 

I guess that this is it. By this time tomorrow morning, the scrum will be on to disembark. I'll be carrying all my stuff, including a box full of dirty clothes and my liquor, which has no handles, so I'll have to just manage somehow. I guess that I could let them take it off tonight with the luggage, but I imagine that it would be an easy target for theft. Anyhoo, that's for tomorrow. I need to be worrying about today. 

It seems like ages that this whole thing began. From the Mediterranean restaurant back in Atlanta, then the incredible night of spending in Miami... The next morning, somehow beating nearly everyone onto the ship even though my zone was still a long way off. The great drinks and food on board, as well as on land in San Juan and St Maarten. Swimming in the beautiful blue water. It'll all be but a memory soon, but I've made SO MANY...

My coffee is almost gone now, and I guess I'll go look for food soon. I was just thinking back to yesterday, I think that the only vegetables I ate were those two sad looking pieces of broccoli that came with the lobster... Well, I can try to eat better starting when I get back home. What's the saying?: "calories don't count on vacation"...

• Like 24