What time..ship vs. Belize

bellazoemom

It depends on several things. Of course, if your ship changes its clocks to match Belize port time, it will be the same.

I assume, that even if your ship does not change its clocks for Belize, it will match the time in Cozumel or other Mexican ports which is the same as US Central time. Therefore, if you visit Belize prior to April 2nd when day light savings time starts this year, then Belize time is the same as US central time If it is after April 2nd, Belize time is one hour behind US Central time .

You can call the cruise line and find out what the boat time is... likely it's that same as the port where the cruise commences. If leaving from the Florida the boat's time (eastern) will be an hour ahead of Belize.

Even if you are a hour ahead on boat time, the tour would be leaving just as you get into port. In Belize you must tender to shore which is a 15 minute ride once you get off the boat.

What tour are you on? Is the guide aware of what ship you are on?

I will be going on my fifth cruise at the end of this month so I am definitely not an expert like some but whatever port your ship leaves from the boat usually stays on that time during the entire cruise. So if you leave from a port that is on Eastern time, Belize is one hour behind because they are on Central time. What port does your ship leave from? Hope this helps.

I'm leaving Port Canaveral this weekend for Belize and am booked with X-tream, but they've given me a lot more wiggle room (we dock a 7:00 local but we meet at 8:20).

All this talk has me wondering as well... I'm giving Carnival a call now.

**Update

Just hung up with Carnival. Arrival times shown on the website are based on ship time, which is local to the port or embarkation. You'll be pulling in a 7:00 Belize time. You might want to show your confirmation when they are handing out tender tickets so they will give you some priority. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
We are booked with xtreme for cave tubing. (I hope I can get a sitter on the ship) we are on the miracle and they do know.

thanks

We did the Miracle 3/5-12/06. Carnival lets those who book excursions through them off the ship first. The cave tubbing groups by far were the largest of the groups. They started tendering at 8am (time is Tampas time) and they were still tendering at 9:30am. We were scheduled to tender at 8:30 for the ruin tours and did not get into port until 10am. There were several more tours that left after us. I don't think you will make 8am.:o

Archived