A little niggling annoyance...

Danno

I would hate for them to cut out the tray - it is sometimes hard to visualize the dessert - the menu description lists what the dessert is composed of - but not what it looks like. I do like having both the menu and the visual. There have been times where something sounds good from the menu but when I actually see the tray, I found something that appealed to me more.

While ordering dinner I would try to scan quickly over the dessert offerings for the night knowing I wouldn't see the menu again. It was helpful to know if I needed to save room or not. Often I would see something on the menu that sounded good but when the tray came it didn't look as good as something else. Being diabetic, unless it was something I couldn't possibly live without, I chose the sugar free offering. Often the sugar free dessert was pretty flavorless. Out of 12 nights I maybe had 2 real desserts - a little splurge for vacation....This was the first time on a Celebrity cruise that we were not handed a menu for dessert, being either a dessert menu or the dinner menu back again. It was the first time that we were not offered pepper. I did feel that the waiter was very rushed and had decided to cut corners. All in all, the food was very good and I enjoyed my dinners. Even though I noticed a couple of flaws in the service, I didn't let it ruin my cruise experience.

Archived