Annual policy in additional to Chase credit card policy

Within the next 12 months, I will be taking quite a few cruises, spanning many days, and I am considering an annual policy. Mostly, I am concerned about medical and emergency evacuation coverage, although having a backup to offset any additional costs if I get delayed with flights, or have my luggage lost or delayed along the way, might be nice. I used my Chase Reserve card to purchase my cruises (as well as any flights & hotel stays that I didn't use points to pay for), and the Chase policy/coverage looks pretty good to me. Is there an annual policy you would recommend, to supplement the Chase coverage? And what part(s) of that additional policy would make it a worthwhile supplement? Thanks much for your time and thoughts!

5 hours ago, No168 said:

Within the next 12 months, I will be taking quite a few cruises, spanning many days, and I am considering an annual policy. Mostly, I am concerned about medical and emergency evacuation coverage, although having a backup to offset any additional costs if I get delayed with flights, or have my luggage lost or delayed along the way, might be nice. I used my Chase Reserve card to purchase my cruises (as well as any flights & hotel stays that I didn't use points to pay for), and the Chase policy/coverage looks pretty good to me. Is there an annual policy you would recommend, to supplement the Chase coverage? And what part(s) of that additional policy would make it a worthwhile supplement? Thanks much for your time and thoughts!

Hi No168,

What state do you live in?

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1

I have the same question. We also use our Chase Sapphire Reserve card for all travel purchases and have  been purchasing an extra medical insurance policy for all international travels.  My husband and I are both over 70 and live in Virginia. I am now considering purchasing Medjet’s annual policy for all international travel as well. What are you thoughts on that?

Edited by jodyt

The Chase Reserve does not cover mechanical breakdowns or crew shortages, just weather and strikes.

Allianz has a annual policy, but has the same issues missing.

Check any policy you are interested in to confirm coverage.

Edited by Fastfredcruise
  • Like 1

One word of caution is that Chase does not cover pre-existing conditions for Cancellation or Interruption. Just be sure you understand what that means because many people dismiss it without realizing it could very well impact them.

The Chase coverage does not replace a comprehensive policy nor is it intended to. It is just one of many benefits offered in exchange for your annual fee  - nice when it works but be aware of its limitations before you bet the farm on it.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 5:15 PM, No168 said:

Hi No168,

I suggest you get the Geo Blue Trekker (Multi-Trip) Essential or Choice plan for your trips outside the USA that aren't longer than 70 days for any one trip. The Essential and Choice plans cover pre-existing conditions. Based on your age 59, the prices for one year are $151 or $175 respectively.

You may see all the Geo Blue Trekker plan details here:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-trekker-travel-medical-plans/

Steve Dasseos