Price drops

We just got a price drop and we had booked directly with RCCL. I think one of the advantages to booking directly with the cruise line is the ability to deal with your own reservation! I may or may not transfer my recervation to a TA as the cruise nears....but right now I see no reason to do that. I simply pick up the phone ( even on a weekend!) and call RCCL if I need to make changes to my reservation.

See my post under another thread about price-reductions. I booked our cruise directly through RCCL (via their website) back in October 2005. I called RCCL today and got not only a new cabin (and I was asked if I wanted to switch cabins-to a better one) but a credit to my credit card of $860.00 for the difference in cabin prices due to a "balcony cabin promotion" that was going on (per the RCCL customer service rep). She was extremely helpful in this transaction and walked me through picking out which cabin I wanted and comparing 2 new ones to the one I had, so that I knew what I was getting! Never hurts to ask!

:) hi...

i hope we have the same luck as you did! congratulations..

do you have any suggestions for our group? we have 15 people going on the explorer on aug 25th...we want to desperatly change to a balcony room (there are none available since we booked in september) and i keep checking for a price decrease. i even called rccl, and we are now paying $100.00 less than what they quoted me. how do you find out by specials, like the one you had received? did you call/check web everyday? any help would be appreciated!!

thanks..

The cruise we take in April will be our first cruise ever. When I called RCCL, I indicated that I noticed a price reduction on the RCCL website. The cust.svc rep then said, "Oh, I can check to see what I can do for you". Then she asked if I wanted to change cabins (but didn't indicate whether I wanted anything credited back to my credit card). I just stayed with her, and went along with what she was telling me. She said she would see what she could do for me and told me to hang on a minute. When she came back on, she said, "I have some good news for you and I hope you are sitting down". Then she proceeded to tell me that the cabin-class I was originally booked in, was sold-out, but that she could try to find me something in a better class (still balcony, but instead of E, it would be D1 or D2-superior vs. delux). When she found a couple of cabins (also asked me if I wanted to go up to a higher deck), she told me to go online while on the phone with her and look at the location of each of the cabins. I asked her which one was better and took the better one (superior balcony with sofa bed in D1 class on deck 8, toward the aft of the ship). She then proceeded to tell me that I would not only get a lesser price than what I had originally booked, but that it was 860.00 less! Never once did I know what was available for that deep of a discount, merely by going online. She did most of the talking/giving suggestions. I just went along with it and thanked her extensively for her help. That is all I can suggest anyone does! I used to travel alot (85%) for business, so I know that asking alot of questions and begin very friendly to any travel industry people can go along way!

Archived