FOOD VIDEOS

godzukihop

While watching food videos on Tik Tok I am seeing dishes that I did not see on our May 2022 Scarlet Lady voyage. For example I saw a popsicle stand that I know I  didn't see. Were the food options expanded as the guest count has gone up on voyages?

I don't know if the options expanded based on number of passengers, but they definitely were increased on our 14 night WBTA.  The popsicle stand is small and easy to miss in The Galley.  I haven't noticed any places that were not in common YouTube videos.  What I saw was the addition of an "of the day" special in several of The Galley outlets.  This definitely happened in Noodle Around, the burger place, the salad place, the taco place, and the sandwich place.  These items did not appear on the menu--there was either a sign up on the location (like instead of 3 taco choices, there were 4 listed with a "Special of the day" notice) or there was a sample of the dish sitting on the top of the protective barrier with a "special of the day" sign.  This was usually in the burger place with big bright arrows pointing to it.  You had to walk around to the various venues to see those specials--they were not on the app and the servers weren't telling people about them.  We had a group on board and started posting group notices about what the specials were.

Some days they were really great (chateaubriand one day!), other days didn't interest me.  But we did start checking them out before we decided where to eat.  There were about 1400 passengers at the beginning of our cruise, and we were told that about 100 requested to disembark at our last European port.  We had a rather rough sea day going thru the Strait of Gibraltar, and many new cruisers worried that the entire crossing would be like that.  It was not--it was smooth and wonderful as my previous crossing have been...although that one rough day was unusual compared to previous crossings.  I've had worse in the Caribbean!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

some of that might be due to november's food & drink month.  they had lots of special items for that.  the galley also seems to have a couple specials every day, and there are some secret items on the restaurant menus.

Our cruise was in October, so our goodies and extras might have been due to the crossing.  However, the popsicle stand is a regular thing.

• Like 1