Carnival Virgin Royal : Craps Table - Don't Pass Bar 12 ?

angela12345

Is the craps layout on Carnival ships still Don't Pass Bar 12 ?  Please reply with cruiseline & ship you've seen layouts on.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they quietly changed the layouts to Bar 3, after what they've been doing to the Blackjack and Roulette tables.

edit: to include Virgin Voyages and Royal Caribbean in the title

Feel free to include info on any other lines you know about.

Edited by angela12345

• angela12345 changed the title to Carnival Virgin Royal : Craps Table - Don't Pass Bar 12 ?
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2022 at 7:26 AM, Otterman34 said:

i have never seen Bar 3 on any craps layout.  Not on Carnival, Royal or Celebrity.  Where have you seen this?

You will never see a DPB 3.  The 12 has a house edge of 14% while the 3 has a house edge of 11%.  The 3 would slightly favor the shooter.

On 12/27/2022 at 6:53 PM, JRIH said:

You will never see a DPB 3.  The 12 has a house edge of 14% while the 3 has a house edge of 11%.  The 3 would slightly favor the shooter.

Actually, the opposite of that ... bar 12 when playing Don't Pass means you win on 2 & 3 which wins 3/36 times and is a push 1/36 on 12.  If it was bar 3, then 2 & 12 would win 2/36 times and 3 would be a push 2/36.  So bar 3 would be more of an advantage to the house (one less way to win, one more way to push)

I haven't seen it.  That's why I said it wouldn't surprise me.  Who would've thought there'd be triple zero roulette and 6:5 blackjack.

Edited by angela12345

• 2 weeks later...

Bar 12 on the Carnival Spirit in December of 2022.

$5-$500 limit, double odds.

All Tall Small paid 30 for the small and tall, and 150 for all. $1 minimum for the bonus. I asked what the max was and was told $200, but that didn't seem right to me.

Overall I thought the rules and limits were pretty generous for a cruise ship with a captive audience.

IMG_20221211_123349.thumb.jpg.8ed25f8c0884a64c0af70f37f5ec38cf.jpg

• Thanks 1