Excursion wait list.

Lesley Styles

An excursion that we are interested in on our January Hawaii cruise is sold out, but says wait list by the afternoon time. How do I access the wait list! I’ve tried ticking the circle next to the excursion time and then ticking passengers names. A price shows up but there’s no way of adding it to our basket. Am I being stupid, or is there no way of adding ourselves to a wait list?

You only add to the basket if you are purchasing/booking.  Selecting waitlist simply puts your name (supposedly) on a list to be notified should an opening become available.  I say "supposedly" because I have NEVER been notified...and on at least a couple I have been able to book once onboard at the excursion desk!

When I go into the Excursions for our 1/31/23 Hawaii cruise, the excursion says "0 tickets, waitlist open". I click on the time of the excursion and check our names then a big green button pops up on the right side that says "Join Waitlist". 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 10:18 AM, phoebe2m said:

When I go into the Excursions for our 1/31/23 Hawaii cruise, the excursion says "0 tickets, waitlist open". I click on the time of the excursion and check our names then a big green button pops up on the right side that says "Join Waitlist". 

I’ll hazard a guess that you tried to add 2 passengers to the waitlist when there was only 1 slot available on the waitlist.