Room Service

MedaBernice

I am booked on the Dawn for the Holiday Cruise . I purchased the premium Beverage package, I will be in A Penthouse , Will I be required to an extra fee to have a glass of wine delivered to my cabin  and also for room service ? Again , Penthouse with Butler .

13 minutes ago, MedaBernice said:

I am booked on the Dawn for the Holiday Cruise . I purchased the premium Beverage package, I will be in A Penthouse , Will I be required to an extra fee to have a glass of wine delivered to my cabin  and also for room service ? Again , Penthouse with Butler .

The package doesn't include room service so you will have to pay for a glass of wine that's delivered to your room. 

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Premium Plus Beverage Upgrade Package

• Does not include: Wine and Spirit Experiences, tastings or Flights, room service, mini bar purchases, wine dispenser or vending machines or pre cruise wine bottle purchases.
  • Like 2

The NCL beverage package’s rules explicitly say that it excludes room service drinks. It doesn’t matter if that room service is being delivered by the butler of not. Those drinks are still not included in the package. The butlers and other room service people would do nothing else than run around getting people drinks to the suites/cabins if those were included in the packages😁 There isn’t an extra charge for the butler’s delivery though so they deliver anything for your suite for free (= no delivery charge) - it is just the non free item you order that you need to pay for 😊

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, RadioPeri said:

I can't answer you directly, not having had experience with a butler on NCL, but on Celebrity, our butler brought us anything we wanted. There was no additional charge. Wine and alcohol were also provided in the suite. 

So a totally irrelevant response, no?

• Like 1

RadioPeri, Thank You, I too have travelled with other lines , All I was doing is asking what to expect , I guess I will find out ...As for The Motel 6 comment , I dont expect anything, just asking what to expect compared to other cruises I have sailed ...Thank You European Girl, I will check out the info you have directed me to. 

Also, Very new to Cruise CRITIC , be gentle please.

15 minutes ago, MedaBernice said:

RadioPeri, Thank You, I too have travelled with other lines , All I was doing is asking what to expect , I guess I will find out ...As for The Motel 6 comment , I dont expect anything, just asking what to expect compared to other cruises I have sailed ...Thank You European Girl, I will check out the info you have directed me to. 

I answered your question shortly after you posted it and included a link to NCL's Terms and Conditions and quoted their wording .

@European_CruiseGirl also answered your question in a slightly different way a few hours later.

Either way,  your beverage package doesn't cover room service drinks.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MedaBernice said:

Ignore Lakes...his posting history is quite rude. Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you...and just like any boat you'll be on, we've got our wallflowers, steerage rats, snobby elites, and all in between. Bring your armor and you'll be ok (or just ignore a lot of folks). Hope you're here for the long sail!

• Like 1