Victoria, BC Pub Tour

We will be on the Norwegian Star this summer (June 25-July2) and will make a short stop in Victoria (6-11 pm). NCL offers a pub tour in Victoria, I was just wondering if this is a tour that we could book independently from NCL. Has anyone taken this tour? We did the Pub Krawl in Key West and had so much fun. Thanks in advance for any information.

Hello I have never heard of any companies in town doing a oub crawl. But if you want to save some money, tell me what kinds of Pubs you and your travel mates like, and I can give you the were to go and all that info you may need! I have lived in Victoria my whole life, and right in downtown we have lots of neat pubs! So I would be willing to help you out! Just let me know what you are into, Irish Pubs, British, just fuin let me know!

You know, I'm all for self-touring, but with only a few hours in Victoria - I'd opt for the pub crawl with NCL. They'll take care of all the transportation - and - get you back onboard on time. You'll be able to indulge in our diverse selection of Vancouver Island ales, get a bit tipsy even, and still make it back to the ship! :D

I know where Nilla is going with the self-guided tour idea, and I agree with her if you have a whole day to explore. Most of the good brewpubs are located in downtown, but you'll spend quite a bit of time (and taxi or kabuki fare) getting around.

Am not sure what's on NLC's tour itinerary, but here are some of our excellent downtown area pubs:

Brewpubs:

Swans Pub - http://www.swanshotel.com/pub.html

Spinnakers - www.spinnakers.com

Canoe Brewpub - www.canoebrewpub.com

Pubs:

Sticky Wicket

PennyFarthing - http://www.pennyfarthingpub.com/

Darcy's Wharf Stree Pub

Garrick's Head Pub

Whatever you decide to do, have a blast! And - it's definitely worth trying to take some local ale onboard!!

Archived