Last Minute Cruise Deals on Windstar/Fiji

Seattle Sails

Hi All-- Hubby and I sailed the Wind Spirit on a 10-day cruise in Tahiti in 2018 for our 25th wedding anniversary and we'll never sail any other cruise line again except Windstar.  That said, they're spendy.  My husband and I want to go on another 10 day cruise, but between the cruise and airfaire from Seattle, it's tough to do it under $15K.  So, we're looking at the last-minute cruise deals because our work schedules have changed and we have that flexibility now.  We're trying to stay under $10K including cruise, hotel, airfare and wifi pkgs.   

My questions are: 1) are these last minute deals really a good deal i.e. what's the downside of the last-minute deals? Clearly they're trying to fill the ship and that's fine. We stayed in an interior cabin with a porthole (level B?) last time and were just great.  2) Are there any last minute deals in the spring or are we chasing a dream at that time of the year? 3) Any tips to know?  We're snorkelers so we typically spend our days in the water on local excursions and enjoy the incredible dining on the ship.                              

Also, I LOVED Tahiti--could easily return again and again but Hubby would like to try Fiji but we'd definitely want to do ten days at least.  Any tips or suggestions?  We're flying from Seattle and can hop flights from LAX or SFO.  Thanks in advance!  

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2022 at 10:13 AM, Seattle Sails said:

Hi All-- Hubby and I sailed the Wind Spirit on a 10-day cruise in Tahiti in 2018 for our 25th wedding anniversary and we'll never sail any other cruise line again except Windstar.  That said, they're spendy.  My husband and I want to go on another 10 day cruise, but between the cruise and airfaire from Seattle, it's tough to do it under $15K.  So, we're looking at the last-minute cruise deals because our work schedules have changed and we have that flexibility now.  We're trying to stay under $10K including cruise, hotel, airfare and wifi pkgs.   

My questions are: 1) are these last minute deals really a good deal i.e. what's the downside of the last-minute deals? Clearly they're trying to fill the ship and that's fine. We stayed in an interior cabin with a porthole (level B?) last time and were just great.  2) Are there any last minute deals in the spring or are we chasing a dream at that time of the year? 3) Any tips to know?  We're snorkelers so we typically spend our days in the water on local excursions and enjoy the incredible dining on the ship.                              

Also, I LOVED Tahiti--could easily return again and again but Hubby would like to try Fiji but we'd definitely want to do ten days at least.  Any tips or suggestions?  We're flying from Seattle and can hop flights from LAX or SFO.  Thanks in advance!  

Fiji is our favorite place in the world.  We are going back next year for 40th.  We only did the Blue Lagoon and kind of backed into it (we knew the captain and stayed in his quarters) so have no idea how to advise on a cruise there but you can’t go wrong with land based on outer small islands