Remind me how to get a refund- i am getting old

davecttr

I received an email from P&O on 22nd June to tell me that my Arvia April cruise had reduced in price and they were going to refund my credit card £453 as the cruise was already paid for. Still not received the money but have the confirmation invoice of the price reduction. Should I phone or send an email?

On 12/7/2022 at 4:47 PM, davecttr said:

I received an email from P&O on 22nd June to tell me that my Arvia April cruise had reduced in price and they were going to refund my credit card £453 as the cruise was already paid for. Still not received the money but have the confirmation invoice of the price reduction. Should I phone or send an email?

June 22nd, and no action by December 9th? - sounds about right!

I phoned the helpline yesterday afternoon and got through straight away. I explained the situation and the helpful lady confirmed I was owed £453. She passed on an urgent request to the finance department to refund my credit card with the advice it could but should not take up to 10 days.

🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

Now for the bad news, that £453 pending credit on my card account has now disappeared and the amount has NOT been credited to my account. 🤬

P&O finance must have approved the payment on Friday and informed the bank but it looks as if they have changed their mind and cancelled the refund.

The sequence of events is as follows

11 Oct 2021 - I paid the final balance for a total of £2659 on a Iona Canaries cruise on 15 Jan 2022

28 Dec 2021 - I managed to persuade them to move my cruise using the 'special' form of words suggested here to an Iona Western Med cruise on 28 January 2023. The fare was £2294 and the booking confirmation showed I had still paid £2659. No refund was given or mentioned.

6 June 2022 - They agreed to transfer that cruise to an Arvia Western Med cruise on the 16 April 2023. The fare was £2398 and they refunded my credit card £261 on the same day.

Fifteen days later

22 June 2022 - I received an email from 'Paul Ludlow' with the good news that the Arvia fare had been reduced to £1945 and I would be getting the difference refunded and no need to contact them.

The amended booking confirmation showed I had paid £2398 and the fare was £1945, a difference of £453. I expected a lengthy delay in refunding but phoned and prompted them last week.

I have all the supporting documentation

Why do they always want to make life difficult. They OWE ME that £453

I received my refund for flight delay, it was like trying to fight an hydra but less fun, from not being able to find us on there system, than them trying to contact us on a phone number which we used to book an holiday with them at least ten years ago, to eventually paying out.

• Like 1