Hotel weirdness in Buenos Aires

pavementends

So I was trying to book a hotel on the way to an Antarctic trip. On Expedia, one I was interested had a notation

"This property can only accept bookings for essential travel or stays. You may be asked to provide evidence of this on arrival. For more information, check local advisories before you book."

I mean, what's up with that? What local advisories?? What evidence???

So I gave this one a pass, because I don't want to show up at the hotel and be told I don't have a good enough reason to stay there. I went elsewhere where...the only question is whether my money is good.

Any ideas what is going on here?  (Wyndham Dazzler Recoleta)

11 hours ago, pavementends said:

So I was trying to book a hotel on the way to an Antarctic trip. On Expedia, one I was interested had a notation

"This property can only accept bookings for essential travel or stays. You may be asked to provide evidence of this on arrival. For more information, check local advisories before you book."

I mean, what's up with that? What local advisories?? What evidence???

So I gave this one a pass, because I don't want to show up at the hotel and be told I don't have a good enough reason to stay there. I went elsewhere where...the only question is whether my money is good.

Any ideas what is going on here?  (Wyndham Dazzler Recoleta)

We are staying at this hotel pre cruise. It was booked by our travel agent and is included in our package so I am confident that all will be well. 

22 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

This seems like an old notation from early Covid days when Argentina was closed to tourism.

That makes sense although it is unforgivably slack on the part of Expedia. I think I saw a similar notation for one or two other hotels in the same area so I wondered whether there was some sort of special event in that area.

In any case I have reservations elsewhere. It does appear to be a fine hotel.