Solo Amenities/Studio Questions

Ant@sea

I got off the Bliss this past Saturday (12/17) and we met in the Studio Lounge every evening except the first and last nights of a 15 day cruise. 

To the comment on size for a studio cabin, I am 6' and I found the toilet stall on the Epic uncomfortable. Breakaway wasn't much better and the oversized bed took up way too much room. I think big/obese passengers would have an issue or simply just suck it up. Since those two experiences, I book inside cabins (more spacious & cheaper) and sometimes balconies.

Edited by IrieBajan54
correction

42 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Us fatties typically just suck it up...When ya gotta go, ya gotta go! 

5'11" and 280 or so when I was last in a Studio cabin (I've put on some since, but trying to drop some before my trip) I just left the door to the toilet area open and had no trouble...

On 12/20/2022 at 8:59 AM, cruiseny4life said:

And Tony certainly made good use of his studio cabin, based on his YouTube videos when he was onboard the Getaway. I'm a big guy too and don't think I'd have any issues, except that studios are interior rooms (nothing wrong with the size, just the location on the ship). 

Larger woman here and can definitely say the people who designed those cabins put significant thought into how every inch of that cabin is used. Easily enough room for a week (that said, I still remember my West Philly studio apartment, so I may be biased due to experience with tight quarters)

• Thanks 1