Virtual Balcony Cabins on Deck 9 of Voyager of the Sea

czrunner

What is the problem with the virtual balcony cabins on deck 9 of the Voyager of the Sea?  On the 23 April 2023 Caribbean cruise interior cabins with the virtual balcony are currently cheaper than regular interior cabins. There are many of these cabins available midship on deck 9, and they are cheaper that cabins located aft or forward. The mystery to me is the grayed out area on the deck plan in the center of the deck 9. Anybody knows what it is, and if it could be source of noise or any other issues?

Thanks. And the pricing quirk that would make it worth while to change my booking lasted only one day. But I am still curious why the interior cabins with virtual balconies continue to be cheaper than the regular interior cabins and why so many on deck 9 are still available. (Could be another quirk in pricing that will be caught later.)

Maybe because the virtual balcony never works properly. It pixelated all the time. They fixed it once but it quickly went out of whack. This was on our Arctic Circle cruise in Sept. I probably should have complained more but it really wasn’t worth it to me.