Escape Disembark times

Tuckster

Any recent NCL Escape (Port Canaveral) times clearing customs ??? We have a 12:30 flight out of SFB (Sanford/Orlando) which is an hour from the port. It will be Christmas Eve so we're a little nervous taking an Uber. I've "booked" a ride with them but not much experience booking an Uber in advance. Hopefully they are trustworthy. Anyway, what time do you think we can get off the ship and thru customs ??

I just was on the Escape and booked a 12:34 flight.  I disembarked right after the "walk-offs" (with your luggage). I believe it was the yellow tags.   Customs was a breeze.  Made it to the airport about 10:20-10:30ish and had plenty of time before my flight.

Happy sailing!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tuckster said:

Any recent NCL Escape (Port Canaveral) times clearing customs ??? We have a 12:30 flight out of SFB (Sanford/Orlando) which is an hour from the port. It will be Christmas Eve so we're a little nervous taking an Uber. I've "booked" a ride with them but not much experience booking an Uber in advance. Hopefully they are trustworthy. Anyway, what time do you think we can get off the ship and thru customs ??

Hi I have had mixed results pre booking a ride with uber.  Our drivers have told us, Uber just sends out the ride request when it is time to get your ride to you, so technically it isn't booked until that day when a driver picks it up.  We just got off the Escape at Port Canaveral Saturday and used a private shuttle with cocoabeach shuttles.  We exited the terminal and turned left.  Our driver was waiting and we were off.  If I sail from there again, I'd use them.  It was really seamless and we had our driver's name and telephone number if we needed to reach him.  I believe our ship was delayed clearing customs but from the time we exited the ship to the airport was about an hour.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tuckster said:

Pre-booking is fine and generally reliable.  However, I personally would not choose it for transportation from a cruise ship to the airport.  When you pre-book a Lyft or Uber, you need to be ready for pickup at the exact time and place you request the ride to begin. The driver can only wait a few minutes, and you will be charged a no-show fee if you are not there and ready to go. When disembarking the ship, passing through passport control and customs, and collecting luggage, it may be hard to predict exactly when you will be ready for your ride.

I really only use scheduled rides from my home to the airport etc.

Something like a car or limo service might be able to provide the flexibility that a Uber driver can't.  

Edited by zzdoug
  • Like 1

I have had zero luck booking an uber in advance.  I think somebody already said this but you don't really book it, Uber just sends out a request to drivers at the time you want the ride...it might work during "normal hours" but the two times I have done it was for early flights and both times I ended up just driving myself to the airport.  The first time nobody ever accepted the ride and the second a driver accepted and the car popped up on the map about 20mins from me and never moved for 30 mins...I think he accepted and fell back asleep or something...

• 2 weeks later...

We'll, we got back 12?24 and tried to use the app but there were so many ships in port it wouldn't load. I was lucky to find one and got to Sanford airport in plenty of time. $140.00 + tip on Christmas Eve not too bad, but I do admit, I was a little worried there for a bit. AND it was cold as heck !!!

I found Terminal 10 @ Port Canaveral to be a cluster both embark (the worst) and disembarkation (not too bad) so allow plenty of time or best advice is just arrive around noon or later and don't fight the crowd. We had a 10:00 a.m. check in time and there were passengers still leaving combined with the ones arriving. Never do that again.