Airline dropped one leg of our flight!!!

wdonnieb

We booked our air with Delta in January. We used sky miles and after much work, we got first class both in and out of Los Angles. The tickets were confirmed at that time. Two days ago, I got a schedule change notice from them stating that they dropped the last leg of our flight and transferred us to a regional airline with coach seats. They don't want to do anything about it. They also said that if I change, they will charge me $50 per passenger to make the changes. Has anyone ever had this happen? What did you do about it?

Donnie

We booked our air with Delta in January. We used sky miles and after much work, we got first class both in and out of Los Angles. The tickets were confirmed at that time. Two days ago, I got a schedule change notice from them stating that they dropped the last leg of our flight and transferred us to a regional airline with coach seats. They don't want to do anything about it. They also said that if I change, they will charge me $50 per passenger to make the changes. Has anyone ever had this happen? What did you do about it?

Donnie

Did you check to see if they offer any other flights with full size aircraft that they could put you on albeit at a later time?

They have them, but they don't show any sky miles seats on them. It is just their way of putting the screws to the people who obviously have shown them loyalty in accruing the miles to begin with.

I've run into similar problems with Delta. But more than other airlines, Delta's customer "service" (if you can call it that) is really hit and miss.

Because they've changed your itinerary, you should not have to pay for any changes - irregardless if you paid for your tickets or if you used Skymiles. I would be steadfast in my demands. Use something along the line of "I chose this because it is mainline Delta and I refuse to fly a regional jet - this is why I chose my original itinerary." With this though, just be flexible in your flight times.

jeff

I had something similar on a FF flight to Hawaii. One segment changed times so I wouldn't make a connection. The options were coach or a really long layover (over 4 hours -- and they don't book those willingly). I worked with an excellent service rep to switch 2 of the flights so I could stay in first class and have a legal layover. But I had already tried with a different rep, hung up, and started all over again with someone willing to work hard for me. When my family talks about the FF miles they "give" me for flying, I always correct them -- I work hard to "earn" those miles and even harder to use them.

Donnie,

I just had the second flight change on the same itinerary in one week. I thought that Delta handled it beautifully and I would recommend that you ask to speak with a supervisor. This has happened on our last four flights. Check the schedules before you talk to them and perhaps they can alter your itinerary to your specifications.

There should be no fee involved since THEY altered your schedule.

Good luck

Archived