on-line booking with an FCD

rodndonna

We have just returned from a cruise and purchased a $100 FCD which I can see in my account online.

When I follow through a booking I and am able to select it and click the box for it ... but then nothing seems to change in my booking. When I continue to the credit card payment page, it is looking for the original deposit amount (i.e. is not reduced by the $100 FCD).

Am I missing something? 

Would rather not use a PCC as I intend to transfer the booking to a TA afterwards.

22 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Your TA can do this for you.  

Thanks. We called in to our airline agency to book and have our FCD applied.

Was quite an effort for some reason, although I think it might be because the FCD is US$ and we are booking in CAN$ . I had not thought of that before, and possibly why I wasn't able to apply it on-line myself.

More oddly, when the agent came back from having me on hold and talking to HAL, they applied it as CAD$200. So either we made and extra $50CAN (after exchange)  or they just just lumped the USD$100 FCD and credit of US$50 into a simple CAD$200... bit of a mystery .🤔

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Thanks. We called in to our airline agency to book and have our FCD applied.

Was quite an effort for some reason, although I think it might be because the FCD is US$ and we are booking in CAN$ . I had not thought of that before, and possibly why I wasn't able to apply it on-line myself.

More oddly, when the agent came back from having me on hold and talking to HAL, they applied it as CAD$200. So either we made and extra $50CAN (after exchange)  or they just just lumped the USD$100 FCD and credit of US$50 into a simple CAD$200... bit of a mystery .🤔

I am glad that it worked out.  I was able to do a booking with FCD and have my agent do it also.  I screenshot her my credits page.  Maybe it was again the currency issue that prevented your efforts 

I have had issues with HAL trying to grab my entire bank of credits instead what is required.