Family Reunions

Cricket63

Does anyone have any ideas of games to play at family reunions. We have a group going in January and I would love to get some ideas. Some of us have never met before, so a game to get to know each other might be fun.

Here's the game we played at our last family reunion; we each had a name taped to our back. We asked others one question. The response had to be yes or no. We had to guess who we were.

The names included George Washington, Marilyn Monroe, Alexander Graham Bell, "the pope", Mickey Mouse, King Kong, etc. You can take it anywhere.

A fun game is to say that you are going to play the memory game. Have a family member (preferably one that people have not seen in a while, someone new to the family or maybe a person that people only remember as a child) pass around a tray of interesting things - a picture of a past reunion, a pencil, ring etc. The people think they are playing the memory game.

Take the tray away and have the person who passed the tray around stay out of the room out of sight. \Ttell them that they have to answer the following questions. THe questions are about the person that passed the tray around - color eyes, wearing a watch, how many rings, etc. Make up the questions before hand. It is alot of fun - everyone thinks that they have to remember what's on the tray - some may even want to look at the tray again - you say sure! I have even seen people start to write down notes about what was on the tray.

We've had a blast doing this at showers and reunions.

Another game is a scavenger hunt. Have members team up with folks they don't know very well or have never met. Make up a list of items or trivia questions about the ship or cruiseline. And, then set a time limit. Whichever team comes back first with the most items wins. I would set up a list ahead of time with as much as I could think of, and then get with the Pursur's office when you board to come up with some more that are unique about the ship.

Here are some off the top of my head:

Last name of a specific crew member (i.e. the Cruise Director)

Home country of the captain

Seating capacity of one of the lounges

Total number of life boats aboard

Signature of the Cruise Director

An item from the gift shop (i.e. key chain)

Number of steps of a particular stair way

How many cabins on the lowest (or highest) deck

If I think of anymore, I'll post them again to this thread.

Anyone else with ideas to add to the list?

We love the game "Battle of the Sexes" and we play it at our family reunions and at Christmas. We have about 40-50 people and it's girls against guys and we have so much fun!

I know a lot more games to play, but most of them you can't play on a cruise ship. For example:

1. Tug-of-war (men vs. women) with shaving cream in the middle.

2. Family Kareoke - Only the person singing can hear the music (cause they are wearing headphones) and they have to sing and watch everyone laugh at them. It's hilarious!

3. The Newlywed Game - We play this about every 3-4 years and asks questions like they would on the newlywed game for everyone that's married or engaged. It's fun!

4. Name that tune or movie - It's a challenge and great fun for adults and kids!

Here's one, lots of fun.

Two truths one lie.

Everyone sits in a circle takes turns telling 3 things about themself.

One of them is a lie.

Then everyone guesses/votes on which is a lie.

Funny to see what people come up with for the lie and you learn a lot of funny truths too.

Archived