Laundry

bucky21

7 hours ago, MINIroadster said:

Unfortunately this doesn’t include the sheet with the prices but we paid $20 four separate times for the bag of laundry. 548CDAB9-64E1-48C2-8AF6-6258D21F9091.thumb.jpeg.c6278aa07943c484e293c3fa2a0f69cb.jpeg

Perhaps the NS is a Caribbean market test for the higher laundry pricing.  The ship also had the new drink option where you just pay the overage (plus 18% tip) for any drink costing more than your drink package limit. For example, a $12 drink now cost a SBP package guest $1.18 ($1 +18%) extra for going over the $11 limit rather than the full $12 +18% that would have been charged previously.

1 hour ago, AFNavigator said:

Perhaps the NS is a Caribbean market test for the higher laundry pricing.  The ship also had the new drink option where you just pay the overage (plus 18% tip) for any drink costing more than your drink package limit. For example, a $12 drink now cost a SBP package guest $1.18 ($1 +18%) extra for going over the $11 limit rather than the full $12 +18% that would have been charged previously.

That could be true. Next time we cruise I’ll be prepared to pay $30 per bag.
We also paid just the overage if a drink was more than the SBP price. I’m not sure if they charged for extra appetizers in the specialty restaurants because we only ordered one. 

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting what people pay on HAL, all about what you're used to. Good information to have for our first HAL cruise to Alaska in May.

We sail NCL and they typically offer a half price deal on one day of the 7-day cruise. With that deal we pay about $10/bag. At Latitudes Gold level you can get that half price any day once per cruise. Now that I've reached Platinum we get one complimentary bag of laundry per cruise. Turnaround time is similar to HAL.

Last week on Koningsdam r/t San Diego Mexican Riviera, bag was $20. Bag was bigger than I even remembered! Washed enough to get through the second leg of our B2B! 

ETA: Wrote "warm wash, warm NOT HOT dry" and everything is perfect, even socks and a bra that I would drip-dry at home. 

Edited by crystalspin