Is there freezers on board where breast milk can be stored?

allisonb22

On 12/17/2022 at 6:27 AM, Maierkai said:

Some women exclusively pump and/or overproduce. 

Although I have not experienced this on the cruise ship, when staying in hotels I’ve cooled in bags on ice or ice packs and then once/day traded supplies for staff to put in a freezer used for guest medical supplies. The fridge on wonder wmshould work well enough as a “cooler.” Then just deposit milk once a day?

Flying with breast milk actually isn’t complicated, ESPECIALLY if you have the little one in tow. 

I appreciate your input! Thank you 🙂

On 12/17/2022 at 11:07 PM, BND said:

It's not something women do when traveling.   Trying to freeze and them travel just isn't the norm

Whether this is the norm or not, what a mother prefers to do is not up for debate.

Your opinion on the issue is not adding anything to finding an answer to my question- I was simply looking for guidance on IF it was possible to store in a freezer on board, not for your personal feelings on the matter.. 

• Like 2

On 12/18/2022 at 7:32 AM, death_star said:

So we faced this on Enchantment earlier this year and they eventually found us a real dorm style fridge with one of those tiny freezer sections. We turned it as low as we could and I made a cocoon of ice packed in zipper sandwich bags to help lower the temperature. It all stayed frozen. Would probably not be cold enough to freeze freshly pumped stuff but did keep our already frozen. 

We had to really keep after them to find us the real fridge instead of the glove box sized medical ones they give these days. They can certainly note it on your reservation but I've often found that it still takes telling the steward what you need when you get onboard. 

thank you so much for your response, this is very helpful!! 

On 12/18/2022 at 8:31 AM, Stede Bonnet said:

Looking forward to hearing how it works out.

The family member may be planning to use the babysitting on port days, may prefer to pump and store before drinking alcohol, may have inconsistent supply...

The why doesn't matter too much

exactly! thank you 🙂

On 12/18/2022 at 10:24 AM, Jasukkie said:

As for oversupply, it's usually suggested to pump less so your breasts aren't being given the message to keep making more milk. Obviously that's individual but if things are still that prolific this baby likely has a freezer full of extra milk at home and dumping the extra for one week is not a big deal

what is the relevance of this to the question? 

Reread my inital question- I wasn't asking for breastfeeing advice. I was simply looking to see if it was possible to have access to a freezer for it to be stored. If you believe it would not be possible on board, a simple no would've been fine. Thanks

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, allisonb22 said:

Whether this is the norm or not, what a mother prefers to do is not up for debate.

Your opinion on the issue is not adding anything to finding an answer to my question- I was simply looking for guidance on IF it was possible to store in a freezer on board, not for your personal feelings on the matter.. 

We were trying to figure out the *why* because it may have relevance to the *how*.  For example, are we talking a single baggie, or several gallons' worth.  No need to get your panties bunched up over people trying to help. 

This is obviously not a normal/typical situation, because those have been discussed and needing a freezer doesn't fit those situations.

So, without having any more information, your friend's only likely recourse is to purchase and provide a portable freezer of their own.  

• Like 3