Drink packages

matt'smom

12 minutes ago, matt'smom said:

So we are on the stattendam in 3 weeks and I have a question. I have the signature drink package and am wondering if it is possible to upgrade to the elite and is it worth it?

It was possible, for the cost of $11.80 per person per day and all adults in the cabin had to do it (if any did). At that rate it was less than ONE drink over $11 per day, so some saw value!

But recently there have been first-hand experience with "Have-It-All-and-More", where if you want a drink over $11, you pay just the difference plus 18%. So before you upgrade, confirm with a bartender whether or not that practice is in effect for your cruise! 

So with that caveat, I would say upgrading to Elite would not be worth it. Some people read the Elite description online to say it includes 15 alcoholic beverages and unlimited non-alcoholic... but we don't reach 15 beverages in a day including all! If you think you might, stock up on canned drinks on first day and/or port days to keep in your fridge.

One other aspect recently reported was the bartender charging only one card for two drinks (it lets them complete the "sale" faster)... for this couple, they were charging the fellow's card causing him to go over 15 on several days! So if the bar-server/tender wants to ring just one card -- alternate cards through the day.

Edited by crystalspin