Emerald Princess Food and Patter Dec 18

rideev

3 hours ago, Robbie555 said:

As a head's up, on your final night for dessert there will likely be Baked Alaska.

I've been on two Princess sailings and in the first one in 2005, there was a waiter parade with the Baked Alaska and there was real fire on the pie.

This time there was a parade as well but there was only an artificial lamp on the top of the Baked Alaska pie with no authentic fire.

They stopped this years ago (real flame). They now won't even do cooking off to the side in the dining rooms for bananas foster, cherries jubilee and pasta arrabbiata.

Tonight's menu.  Also tonight I realized I was not providing the dessert menus. Sorry, I can't go back.  However, we also found out that you could request a special item. We asked for a orange souffle like they had on embarkation lunch. Actually, I asked our waiter if they were going to serve that again. He said he didn't know, but to ask the major d and he might be able to get it for a special. He said don't tell him I told you to ask. I asked the major d came back the next night we would like it. So tonight, we had our special souffle that no one else in the restaurant was able to get. We had to wait about 10 minutes for it because it was made to order just for us. We were pretty happy. I don't think it turned out to be the orange to play, but just a regular vanilla souffle.  But it was delicious

IMG_20221230_170347900.jpg

IMG_20221230_170402144.jpg

• Like 1

I have also failed to mention that we are doing the dine my way. We have turned that into traditional dining. Kind of nice, because we don't have to wait in line. We might pass the line and walk straight to our table. Very very nice. And of course we have a great waiter. I realized that everyone thinks they have a great waiter, and I've never had a bad waiter. Some just seemed better than others. And this one is pretty good.  And he goes on vacation when we get to Fort Lauderdale. He will be off the ship for 2 months, then come right back to the Emerald.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rideev said:

Patter for Cartagena 

16724202252571137884279204667603.jpg

16724202471788852635683696520351.jpg

For the events that you highlighted in green, does it mean that you will make a point of attending?

If that's the case...

#1. I see you will do a trivia game. Did you team up with somebody and did you win?

#2. For the Little White Lies show, please tell me which directors were in the show. For my sailing, for that cruise it was Manuel who was the host while the three members of the show were then-main director JC along with assistants Lucia and Shell.

Edited by Robbie555

45 minutes ago, rideev said:

I have also failed to mention that we are doing the dine my way. We have turned that into traditional dining. Kind of nice, because we don't have to wait in line. We might pass the line and walk straight to our table. Very very nice. And of course we have a great waiter. I realized that everyone thinks they have a great waiter, and I've never had a bad waiter. Some just seemed better than others. And this one is pretty good.  And he goes on vacation when we get to Fort Lauderdale. He will be off the ship for 2 months, then come right back to the Emerald.

Not sure which dining room you are in but we were in the aft dining room. Apparently the requirement of the Restaurant Managers in that dining room (formerly head waiters) was that they were taller than 6'. They were all super tall and super nice.

Our menus were sort of screwed up - what was online was not on the menu at night. It appeared we were going to have bananas foster one night but we didn't. At lunch I mentioned it to the Restaurant Manager and he said "I will make it for you tonight". I personally felt guilty as I didn't want him to do something just for me but then he added "I had a request from a different table". So I then agreed.

He also added that I wasn't the only one to mention the menus were not in sync.

4 hours ago, Robbie555 said:

For the events that you highlighted in green, does it mean that you will make a point of attending?

If that's the case...

#1. I see you will do a trivia game. Did you team up with somebody and did you win?

#2. For the Little White Lies show, please tell me which directors were in the show. For my sailing, for that cruise it was Manuel who was the host while the three members of the show were then-main director JC along with assistants Lucia and Shell.

No trivia winner here.  My wife marks things she is interested in.  Then decided later which she will attend.

Little white lies was hosted by Lucia and the panel was Cruise Director Dave, Georgia and Andrew.  Andrew just came onboard at Huatulco, and this is his first contract.  He is very good, a natural.

A few comments or questions after seeing the platter for your last day on 1/1/23:

1. Are you part of the Princess Pop Choir? If not, will you try to see their show? I watched it and a possible side effect is that some may have gotten Covid-19 as a result.

2. For the 11:15 Princess Gold Cup, medals will be presented to the winners of this sports tournament and likely for other sports tournaments such as ping pong and bean bag throwing. Did you join any sports tournaments?

3. For the 12:15 PM Progressive Trivia Day 8, it won't be a trivia game but rather, a post-tournament ceremony in which the top 5 winners will get the same generic prizes (a bag of souvenirs and a bottle of champagne) while others get a certificate of participation. Did you join this contest?

4. For the Yes No Game show, I was part of the first show and accidentally said "NO". If you haven't already, you should try it out.

5. It looks like the final show is the Hollywood Hiccups Game Show instead of Read My Lips in which the directors did an individual show impersonating celebrities. 

Yes, I was in both performances of the pop choir.  

No on the sports cup or the Olympics.  The final ceremony was the same time as the voice of the ocean finale, so we went to The Voice.  It was really neat.

I did play some pickleball in that atrocious court they had.  But we made do.

I did get onstage for the yes no game show.  I only wanted a coaster, so I went out early.  Yes, he would have gotten me before the 3 minutes where up, but I went out just to get a coaster.  

We did not play the progressive trivia.

We usually win way too many prizes.  Didn't win anything till the last night on this trip.  Didn't win one trivia.  

We did meet some neat people on this trip.  No, probably won't keep in touch.  But it was a great cruise.  Our first 15 day cruise.  We have 2 more 15 day cruises planned this year.

For those following, I forgot to post the menu the last night.  Didn't get a picture.  But they did have Prime Rib and it was delicious.  DW had the saffron seafood risotto and she loved it.

I finally ordered the volcano for dessert (which isn't on the menu).  It was good.  I did get a pic.

IMG_20230101_184903117.jpg

20 minutes ago, rideev said:

For those following, I forgot to post the menu the last night.  Didn't get a picture.  But they did have Prime Rib and it was delicious.  DW had the saffron seafood risotto and she loved it.

I finally ordered the volcano for dessert (which isn't on the menu).  It was good.  I did get a pic.

IMG_20230101_184903117.jpg

It is sort of on the kids menu (renamed): 

IMG_0991.jpeg

@rideevI am taking my first Princess cruise tomorrow. I appreciate these menus. I see chicken is available every night under Princess favorites. Do you know if one could request a steak each night or are they pretty adamant about sticking to the menu? Thank you for your report!

20 minutes ago, dmcfad2 said:

@rideevI am taking my first Princess cruise tomorrow. I appreciate these menus. I see chicken is available every night under Princess favorites. Do you know if one could request a steak each night or are they pretty adamant about sticking to the menu? Thank you for your report!

There is a beef of some time just about every night.  If you utilize the same table and same waiter as we did, then you can ask to see the next days menu. They do that for the people with Dietary restrictions.  Talk to the maitre d if you need to.  They can be your friend.  We were about to order a souffle ahead of time on a night there weren't any on the menu.  Granted, we wanted orange, like on embarkation day lunch in the MDR, but they brought us vanilla.  It was super fresh and we had to wait, but was excellent.

I highly advise going to the MDR for lunch on embarkation day.  They will probably give you a list of places serving lunch right after you check in on the terminal.  The MDR will not be on that list, but one of them will be open.  More relaxed and less crowded than the buffet or pizza place.

• Thanks 1