Has the cuisine on lux lines slipped since the restart of cruising?

jjeffjb

Just returned from RSS Mariner, very impressed with all of the food, especially the ‘regular’ dining venue of Compass Rose and the French speciality Dining in Chartreuse, plus of course Prime 7. It was, if you wished to engage fully with the menu (we often only had two course by choice) a fine dining experience. As a reference to comments, we have eaten in several Michelin Star restaurants UK, Italy, Spain etc and general Fine Dining restaurants. 

Re wines on offer, we were offered each evening their choice for that service and it was good wine, but one evening we said we love the White Burgundy’s and from then on we were offered very nice Chablis, Pouilly Fuisse etc…but not Montrachet! 😂

If RSS Mariner is anything to go by, on our experience the food standards have not dropped! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lux4me said:

Forget food….we are currently on the Sojourn.  Service has been lousy at best in many of the dining areas.  Not greeted a r a table for 20 min after sitting down.  35 min between courses.    Food luke warm at best.   Dishes sitting so long the sauce creates a skin film.  It doesn’t matter how much money you spend on food,  if your service staff cannot hold up their end the product seriously suffers.   

Sorry to hear that. I was on Sojourn for the crossing in November, and I thought the food and service in the Restaurant was excellent.

I was on the Quest NY/Montreal in October.  Thought food was on par with pre-Covid cruises (not great/not bad).  Although the last evening in the Colonnade - chosen for ease due to packing/disembarkation was really poor.  Billed as "Canadian Market," it was really "clean out the refrigerator" night.  I made that comment to staff (Kitchen, Serving and Management).  No one disagreed with me....

Food/Dining is not my priority when choosing a cruise, but this one instance was a bit pathetic....To me MDR food is a bit boring, Collande not up to previous standards and Earth and Ocean is fab.