are womens purses put through the..........

limpygirl

x-ray machine when embarking? Not that I have anything in my handbag to actually hide but then there is about everything except the kitchen sink LOL just wondering so if I need to clean house a little I will. I know they do your carry ons but not sure if a purse is considered as a carry on???

Thanks for any and all help

Connie

It does go through the machine. I'm a mom of three and sometimes have some rather strange things in my purse (right now I have this little Lego man with strange blue hair - younger sons were fighting over it), but I've never "cleaned house" for the machine.

Why not leave your big 'ol purse at home and just take the necessities?

I take a large purse, but it holds our travel docs, passports, my jewelry roll, my lipstick case and a wallet on a string. I only take my ID and one credit card, a fully charged cell phone (turned off!) and my health insurance card when travelling. When we get to our destination, all I carry from that point on is my wallet on a string. Nothing that doesn't pertain to the trip makes the cut into the purse.

I learned years ago not to carry a large purse with children and a husband. That way, I don't have to carry their "treasures", they have to carry it themselves. I'm not a pack mule, for myself or anyone else.

I do remember those days with Tupperware and Cheerios and I carried my fair share of Legos and Barbie dolls with no heads. It was amazing to me how these items lost their importance once I refused to be a carry-all.

My back, my arm and my neck feel great now.

It's just like at the AP or your local courthouse -- everything goes through, including purses. They don't care about the leggos or other "strange" things; they care about safety -- no knives, pepper spray, etc.

HappyKS - you had me chuckling! Oh, the memories.... (I always ended up carrying tools - live on a farm and you never knew when you might have to help fix a baler! And lots of hair things having four girls!:) )

If you are flying, you might not be able to keep some of your treasures!

I too discovered that it is easier to leave my purse at home when traveling. I take a nice big canvas tote bag with long straps that zippers up and has several pockets. I put my travel folders, small makeup bag, wipes, small first aid kit, a few snacks, book, deck of cards, and my little wallet in it. My wallet has a long strap so when we get to our destination, I just hang it around my neck and over my shoulder and I have my essentials with me. It also has a cell phone pocket on it for convienence.

I found that if you don't have a pink tote bag, hubby will even carry it if you need him too where he sure wouldn't a purse! ;)

As you can tell by my things I carry in the tote, I plan for long waits in airports....

Archived