Nieuw Statendam activities for a young adult

CruiserKris34

My young adult niece will be on our Nieuw Statendam January cruise and I'm asking for suggestions for her.  We spend most of our days in the sun at the pool and she is not a sun person.  I have done some searches & found some things she might like (BBC Earth presentations, puzzles/games, finding a shady spot to read, etc.).  Does anyone have a recent "Activities" list that they give out daily on the NS?  I appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks, Kris

Does she like to painting, coloring, trivia, play bridge, mahjong, ping pong, basketball, pickle ball, swimming, games, rock and roll, rhythm and blues, classical/ chamber music, exercising, etc. She will find something (maybe new). Our DD spends most of her time on her cell phone (when not at work) so on the ship she finds more to do that she never would try at home. I'm sure she'll be fine. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2022 at 2:52 AM, Dallas Glenn said:

How old is your niece?  We will be on January 7th NS for 7 days with our daughter who will turn 18 soon.  We went on a cruise to Alaska last May and she had no one close to her age to spend time with. 

Hi, she is in her twenty's but we are going on the Jan 21.  Have a great cruise!

23 hours ago, REOVA said:

Does she like to painting, coloring, trivia, play bridge, mahjong, ping pong, basketball, pickle ball, swimming, games, rock and roll, rhythm and blues, classical/ chamber music, exercising, etc. She will find something (maybe new). Our DD spends most of her time on her cell phone (when not at work) so on the ship she finds more to do that she never would try at home. I'm sure she'll be fine. 

Thanks!  that is the exact kind of list I was wanting.  

Sometimes they have a solo/single meet and greet session.  She could go to that and perhaps make some new friends to spend time with on the cruise.  I have never attended one, so can't comment on how well it works, but I do see the activity listed on some cruises.

• Thanks 1

Based on our recent cruise on that ship, she will be bored.

There is very little to do during the day of interest to anyone, let alone a young adult. Just a few trivia games, some pickleball played mainly by a bunch of elderly people, and occasional dance lessons. No music during the day anywhere on the ship. In the evenings there is the Music Walk, which depends on tastes etc., and some shows with a 4th rate comedian. No production shows at all in the beautiful main theatre. There is no disco or pub where young people might like to go.

Also there were hardly any young adults on board, other than a few couples with very young children. I don't know many (any) young adults who like to spend their time on vacation painting (there is a charge for that) and coloring! Yoga is another activity that has a fee. Some people do organize their own table games like Mar-jongg and bridge, but again mainly elderly people.

• Thanks 1