Using FCD - reduced or partial deposit?

rodndonna

We purchased a $100 FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) on board our cruise in December (just filled in the form and put it in the box) and now have a very simple question -

When we use it, is it to be  $100 credit towards a deposit on a cruise or would that become the deposit (essentially becoming a reduced deposit of $100 total).?

I had presumed it is just a credit of $100 towards the normal cruise deposit . When I read some threads people mentioned it having the benefit  of a "reduced deposit" , which I just thought meant people feel they are reducing their deposit by that $100 by prepaying some months (or years) before. 

I've read the terms and conditions but it's still not clear to me which it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry newbie with a few questions. 

• Is it one FCD per person when applying as a deposit? AKA Spouse and I would each have to have one to make a cabin reservation?
  • If it only requires one certificate per cabin, is there a limit to how many you can apply (and the associated OBC)?
  • So if I bought one $250 FCD, we would get $75 $OBC on our future cruise if we booked an 11-21 night veranda room? 
  • Can we apply a 11-21 night deposit to a 7-10 night sailing? I assume it would then earn the lower 7-10 night OBC? 
Edited by pghflyer

On 12/26/2022 at 6:53 PM, Crew News said:

My 14-Day Alaska next year was one $100 Future Cruise Deposit  FCD).

FWIW  booking within 60 days of disembarking, and using an FCD, earns the same OBC bonus as if booked on board.

Thanks that’s what I thought but it’s been a while since I’ve booked more than 7 days/or b2b.