conch fritters?

gumballz

Invented here, folks! And I've tried 'em everywhere, but no-one else does 'em quite the way we do ... I think it's the locally grown thyme that mades the difference in just the right quantities.

Best spots in Nassau right now ... Green Parrot at Hurricane Hole on Paradise Island. Poop Deck east are pretty good too. And one or two spots at Arawak Cay, though I find they vary alot there, even at the same "restaurant".

I am SO glad I asked about these! I'm excited to try them now! :D

Colyn, do you work at a bank there in Nassau? My husband does magic as a hobby and would like to buy some different coins while we're there, if possible, to use in his shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, here I am cruising the boards and I find gumballz "cheating" on another thread! (Inside joke, we are conversing on our Majesty Roll Call Board)

I work with a used-to-be local from there, and the first place he recommended was Arawak for the local flavor, both in food and people. Being a huge fan of anything that comes from the ocean I really wanted to try some fresh seafood, especially some decent conch dishes. I have also heard good things about Johnny Canoe's place, as far as good and inexpensive. Any other recommendations for good places to eat would be greatly appreciated.

Hey gumballz, how many days?

12 until we sail Jody!!

If you look around, I'm all over these boards! There's so much to learn! :) My DH and I have a few things we'd like to do while in Nassau and trying conch fritters is in the top 5!

• 2 weeks later...

We walked to Arawak Cay, and ate lunch - it was great, the Conch Fritters were phenomenal, and the Jerk Chicken was excellent!!! I'm pregnant, and was totally craving Conch Fritters for weeks, and they were like little pieces of heaven!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived