Terminal V Miami Arrival Time

conandrob240

Hi!

we have a 1:30pm check

in time tomorrow. I’m thinking of parking around 12:30pm. Will the lot be open at that time? Will they allow me into the terminal around 12:45pm or so? If not, how much before the 1:30 check in time?

Edited by conandrob240

• conandrob240 changed the title to Terminal V Miami Arrival Time

Virgin instructions are not to arrive more than 30 minutes before your scheduled terminal arrival time (which is what your 1:30 is)  Yes, the lot will be open.  In Barcelona, if you arrived before 1:00, you were directed to a park a short walk away, a coffee shop across the plaza, or to just sit in the plaza and wait.  No one was allowed to enter the terminal before 1pm, but you could drop luggage before that time.  At 1, we were allowed to go thru security and check in.  We then had to wait in the lower part of the terminal before being allowed to go upstairs to board the ship.  At 1:30, the crew member "guarding the area" excused herself to check with a supervisor, saying that she usually was notified to send people up right at 1:30, but hadn't gotten that message yet.  She came back with the ok, and we were in our cabin by 1:45.  By the time we dropped our carry ons and took a minute to look around, our luggage had arrived.

4 hours ago, conandrob240 said:

Hi!

we have a 1:30pm check

in time tomorrow. I’m thinking of parking around 12:30pm. Will the lot be open at that time? Will they allow me into the terminal around 12:45pm or so? If not, how much before the 1:30 check in time?

Because our hotel checkout was 11am, we arrived at Terminal V  at 11:15am, dropped off our bags with the porter and parked the car. Then we took the Virgin shuttle over to the Bayside Marketplace to kill a few hours while we waited for the terminal to open. It's free and it runs in a loop between the marketplace and Terminal V. I preferred to get to the terminal early before any traffic started up, the parking is fantastic, right across the street from the terminal.

We got back to the terminal a little after 2pm and walked right onto the ship. 

7 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

Because our hotel checkout was 11am, we arrived at Terminal V  at 11:15am, dropped off our bags with the porter and parked the car. Then we took the Virgin shuttle over to the Bayside Marketplace to kill a few hours while we waited for the terminal to open. It's free and it runs in a loop between the marketplace and Terminal V. I preferred to get to the terminal early before any traffic started up, the parking is fantastic, right across the street from the terminal.

We got back to the terminal a little after 2pm and walked right onto the ship. 

Nah, I’m a terminal waiter! 😂 I love the excitement of sitting there waiting. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Virgin instructions are not to arrive more than 30 minutes before your scheduled terminal arrival time (which is what your 1:30 is)  Yes, the lot will be open.  In Barcelona, if you arrived before 1:00, you were directed to a park a short walk away, a coffee shop across the plaza, or to just sit in the plaza and wait.  No one was allowed to enter the terminal before 1pm, but you could drop luggage before that time.  At 1, we were allowed to go thru security and check in.  We then had to wait in the lower part of the terminal before being allowed to go upstairs to board the ship.  At 1:30, the crew member "guarding the area" excused herself to check with a supervisor, saying that she usually was notified to send people up right at 1:30, but hadn't gotten that message yet.  She came back with the ok, and we were in our cabin by 1:45.  By the time we dropped our carry ons and took a minute to look around, our luggage had arrived.

Okay going to leave hotel at 12:15pm, drop luggage at 12:30-12:45pm, park and plan to wait at terminal doors or wherever they all right at 1pm. Thanks!

On 12/29/2022 at 11:01 AM, cantgetin said:

Virgin instructions are not to arrive more than 30 minutes before your scheduled terminal arrival time (which is what your 1:30 is)  Yes, the lot will be open. 

In Miami the lot is open early. We parked shortly after 11am and took the Virgin shuttle over to Bayside Marketplace. Good place to hang out, have some coffee and enjoy views of the ship across the harbor.