Brilliant Lady Summer 2024

OfTheSeasCruiser

not sure how much weight to put on either of these, but i've heard two potential things for brilliant. 

the first thing i heard a few months ago was potentially nordics.  that'd be pretty neat and a culinarily low-risk way to see the sights without having to eat salted fish for a week (i used to work for a swedish company and all the americans dreaded being called over to HQ due to the food and the fact that it'd always either be the time of year when the sun was up 24 hours/day or it was 24 hours of darkness!)

i recently heard that they configured brilliant a teeeeeny bit differently than the first 3 by pulling life boats in slightly.  this makes it small enough to fit thru the old panama canal (cheaper than passing thru the new one), so perhaps a panama crossing and west coast?  i'd guess this one is much less likely than the nordics.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

not sure how much weight to put on either of these, but i've heard two potential things for brilliant. 

the first thing i heard a few months ago was potentially nordics.  that'd be pretty neat and a culinarily low-risk way to see the sights without having to eat salted fish for a week (i used to work for a swedish company and all the americans dreaded being called over to HQ due to the food and the fact that it'd always either be the time of year when the sun was up 24 hours/day or it was 24 hours of darkness!)

i recently heard that they configured brilliant a teeeeeny bit differently than the first 3 by pulling life boats in slightly.  this makes it small enough to fit thru the old panama canal (cheaper than passing thru the new one), so perhaps a panama crossing and west coast?  i'd guess this one is much less likely than the nordics.

Thanks for your response. The Nordics would line up with the TA to Lisbon, as opposed to the PC/West Coast scenario.

1 hour ago, _tacocat_ said:

Not the only one then to have heard this rumour. Basically, it would be to high risk to the brand to do no public voyages, and then go straight for a Christmas 23 sailing. Given Two ships in Europe already potential to do Portsmouth to Northern Europe for Oct to Dec could tap the Christmas markets, and wear the ship in nicely before the Atlantic crossing where they could fix teething issues. 

in terms of its ‘home” I could not really make a guess but the west coast could be an option. 

Edited by Lustate