CruiseFirst Question

robtx100

I booked a balcony cabin on Escape yesterday and paid the 1/2 pp deposit. I am now researching and saw a program named CruiseFirst. Can I purchase a CruiseFirst Certificate and apply it to the booking I reserved yesterday? Or is cruisefirst only applicable at the time of applying deposit? It is a "New" cruise. I'm just confusted by the term "New". 

I found my answer on NCL's websitr. 

1. Your CruiseFirst certificate(s) may be redeemed as a deposit or as a payment towards your new reservation’s grand total with a sail date greater than 120 days from purchase date. New reservations must be in the same currency as your CruiseFirst certificate. Reservation currencies vary by market and certificates are not eligible to be exchanged to another currency.

Norwegian Cruise Line - Promotions Terms and Conditions (ncl.com)

1. CruiseFirst certificates are valid for new reservations ONLY that book and sail within 3 years of original certificate purchase date. Voyage date must be more than 120 days from original purchase date. Not applicable towards canceled/rebooked reservations. If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CruiseFirst certificate, the additional value of the CruiseFirst certificate will be removed.

2 hours ago, robtx100 said:

I found my answer on NCL's websitr. 

1. Your CruiseFirst certificate(s) may be redeemed as a deposit or as a payment towards your new reservation’s grand total with a sail date greater than 120 days from purchase date. New reservations must be in the same currency as your CruiseFirst certificate. Reservation currencies vary by market and certificates are not eligible to be exchanged to another currency.

While the terms say “new reservation” we have applied Cruise First certificates after initially booking the cruise. As well as Cruise Next certificates.  Our PCC has also done this for us.

9270766E-82FD-4644-9F7F-1113114416DD.jpeg