Dawn resturant reservations ???

S&B Canada

I was just wondering for those that have been on the ships that feature the freestyle dinning when / where is the best time or best technique to make a reservation so that we are able to try all the specialty restaurants (Cagney's, Le Bistro, etc )

Any tips would be great from the past experiences of others :)

Cheers from the north!

When you first get on the ship go to the main desk, in the atrium. They will have menus for the main dining rooms for the week. Look over the menus and decide which nights you would like reservations for and make them right away, usually they have a desk set up near the main pursers desk. If there happens to be a line at the restaurnt reservations desk pick up the phone in your cabin, or in the lobby area and phone them...some times the phone people get through easier.

:)

Just disembarked Sunday from the Dawn. The first nite was 50% off the normal cost of the surcharge, so if you are on board early enough, you can book the first evening at a restaurant and time of your choice. The food in the main restaurants the first evening was ok, not exceptional, in my opinion, so I'd opt for speciality that nite if I could. You could only book the first evening the day of embarkation. The second day, you could arrrange reservations for the remainder of the cruise. I booked Salsa on the second day and Le Bistro for a subsequent day, then realized it was a special meal in the main restaurants, a kind of Captain's dinner so to speak, and the food in the main restaurants appealed to us, so I ended up cancelling the Salsa evening. The restaurant reservation process is paper documentation, which dumbfounds me, but explains the long line that you intermittently see for reservations. I agree with another poster that sometimes you get through more quickly calling instead of waiting in line, but I also noted that their phone was turned off or disabled at times. We also called Cagney's one evening about 8pm, asking for a table for two. The answer - can you be here in 5 minutes, our answer, yes! However, I think we might just have been lucky with a cancellation. I tried this at Tratoria, Cagney's and Le Bistro another nite - all replied: 9:30.

Enjoy, Beth

Archived